Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1693230 - 04/27/12 12:44 PM CTR exemption status
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Let's say you have a Phase 2 Exemption for a customer - and it's been in place for 2+ years.
If an officer of your bank brings in a deposit for the customer (don't even go there, I've got that covered - - eek) - is that exemption affected? Would you need to file a CTR because the deposit was transacted by a bank employee, outside of the expected norm of the transaction relationship....

Last edited by R Banker; 04/27/12 12:46 PM.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1693235 - 04/27/12 12:48 PM Re: CTR exemption status RBanker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not as long it involved a deposit to their account, it doesn't matter who the conductor might have been.

Return to Top
#1693239 - 04/27/12 12:53 PM Re: CTR exemption status RBanker
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
That's what I'm thinking - that the exemption covers all transaction, regardless of transactor - just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some kind of an arcane, little-used rule about bank employees involvement. Thanks

Return to Top
#1693260 - 04/27/12 01:26 PM Re: CTR exemption status RBanker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, technically, the employee did not make the deposit. The person that made the deposit is the customer's employee that handed the cash to the employee. If this was not an exempt customer, the employee would have had to obtain that information at that time for the CTR.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z