Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1695352 - 05/03/12 04:36 PM ACH Audit Workbook!
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
I guess this is more of a survey question than anything else. How many of you as auditors are doing their banks annual ACH workbook? I know a lot of banks hire an outside firm to do theirs, but I want to know who else in your bank besides the auditor is doing it.

Return to Top
Audit
#1695368 - 05/03/12 04:57 PM Re: ACH Audit Workbook! Happy Drugs
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It probably would be based on if your institution had anyone else qualified to do an actual audit.

Return to Top
#1695415 - 05/03/12 05:44 PM Re: ACH Audit Workbook! rlcarey
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
As the internal auditor I complete the annual ACH audit. I purchase the workbook from NACHA every year.

Return to Top
#1695462 - 05/03/12 06:39 PM Re: ACH Audit Workbook! Happy Drugs
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
I have been doing it and purchasing the workbook, but instead of replacing our current Compliance/BSA/OFAC Officer I will be taking that on as well as my audit/ISO duties. I was trying to shift a few things around, but I may have to continue doing it.

Return to Top
#1695467 - 05/03/12 06:43 PM Re: ACH Audit Workbook! Happy Drugs
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I know our state payments association has an audit department that we could hire to perform the audit. I have not done so in the past but I have informed management that I may in the future as I have assumed additional responsibilities as well. Workbook or no,it is a time consuming audit, that is for sure.

Return to Top
#1695468 - 05/03/12 06:43 PM Re: ACH Audit Workbook! Happy Drugs
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Seems like that move jeopardizes your role as internal auditor?

Return to Top
#1695489 - 05/03/12 07:08 PM Re: ACH Audit Workbook! Happy Drugs
Happy Drugs Offline
Platinum Poster
Happy Drugs
Central Texas
I think their planc is to at least hire a firm that does complaince audits, so that does take that away. It is very time consuming. I say every year I am going to start it earlier, but somehow I don't!!!

Return to Top
#1696348 - 05/07/12 02:48 PM ACH POLICY Happy Drugs
need advice Offline
New Poster
We just had our outside ACH audit and were informed that we need to have a seperate ACH Policy. I guess this was new last year and we missed it. Does anyone have a sample policy they are willing to share to help give me a starting reference?

Return to Top
#1696801 - 05/08/12 02:17 PM Re: ACH POLICY need advice
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I believe I purchased our policy from NACHA and then customized it to our bank.

Return to Top
#1696940 - 05/08/12 04:37 PM Re: ACH POLICY Happy Drugs
kiemo Offline
Gold Star
kiemo
MidUS
I complete the yearly audit as internal auditor and carry AAP credentials. To make the process easier, I do purchase a new ACH Audit Guide in CD form (UMACHA -regional ACH association)about every third year. Also, follow Article 8 in the ACH Rule Book. No way to shorten this one...

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z