Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#169851 - 03/19/04 03:30 PM Re: Cholesterol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks again all - and I have become a Honey Nut Cheerios eater. Been a week and have not staryed a bit (although next week is quit smoking time). Andy - if someone said to me that I could eat drink and smoke whatever I want and I will live to 80 (assuming we are not talking about getting very overweight), or do everyhting right and live to 85, I honestly think I would take Option # 1!

Return to Top
#169852 - 03/19/04 03:46 PM Re: Cholesterol
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
That's what you say now. Would the answer be the same at, say, age 78?

Return to Top
#169853 - 03/19/04 04:08 PM Re: Cholesterol
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
CubDave:

It's not how long you live, it's the quality of life that you have, especially at the end. Healthly habits now will provide the best chance of avoiding a lot of 'stuff' and, especially, hospital visits. Hospitals are a good place to avoid unless it's absolutely necessary to go there and, hopefully, when you do go it's just to visit someone.

So, 80 or 85 is not the big thing, it's maintaining a quality of life that has you enjoying your short stay on earth.

Return to Top
#169854 - 03/19/04 06:03 PM Re: Cholesterol
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Paragon, I see real humor in your post, considering your current avatar.

But you speak the truth.

When I die, I hope I go in my sleep like Grandpa did. Not screaming and frightened like the passengers on the bus he was driving.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#169855 - 03/19/04 06:28 PM Re: Cholesterol
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Thanks, Andy.

A reality check for me are the TV advertisements - at least in my area of the country relating to Diabetes blood checking devices, as it means that the general population has an interest, so they also have the problem! It's having to deal with Diabetes and other ailments that may have one thinking that even 65 to 80 is too old. It would be like passing from 'Life's a Beach' to 'Life's a Bi*ch' and then you die at the end of life - what a bummer.

Return to Top
#169856 - 03/19/04 11:17 PM Re: Cholesterol
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Really, I have never tried eating straight cinnamon but I love anything cinnamon flavored. Finally a treatment that I could get into.

Return to Top
#169857 - 03/22/04 09:21 PM Re: Cholesterol
Kari Offline
100 Club
Kari
PA
I take Red Rice Yeast and stay away from dairy. Yes and in the summer or good weather I walk. That keeps me off the meds. Good Luck. Snacks (almonds)

Return to Top
#169858 - 03/26/04 09:01 PM Re: Cholesterol
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
Sometimes diet just doesn't work to reduce it. It took medication for me..Lipitor. I lowered it further with diet. The Southbeach diet, if followed correctly, will keep you from wanting snacks but before I went on it I was on a low fat diet and found that pretzels were a great low fat snack.

In the last 15 months I have lost 55 pounds and lower my cholesterol level as well.. but with medicine too.

Return to Top
#169859 - 03/30/04 02:29 PM Re: Cholesterol
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Really, I have never tried eating straight cinnamon but I love anything cinnamon flavored. Finally a treatment that I could get into.

I wonder if a Cinnabon a day will work? I can handle that.

Return to Top
#169860 - 03/30/04 07:25 PM Re: Cholesterol
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

Quote:

I wonder if a Cinnabon a day will work? I can handle that.

Hey maybe we can start a diet based on everything cinnimon flavored. Yummy. I will take one of those Cinnabons to go please.

Return to Top
#169861 - 03/30/04 08:59 PM Re: Cholesterol
Mike Baker Offline
100 Club
Mike Baker
Tennessee
I have heard that sasafrass tea is beneficial in lowering cholesterol. But I beleive that exercise is one of the best things that anyone can do.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett