Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1701180 - 05/18/12 05:00 PM Privacy Opt-Out vs Joint Marketing
Compliance Poster Offline
Gold Star
If an institution wishes to market an ID protection account-add-on product of a third-party to its existing customers, and provide nonpublic personal information of its customers to that same third-party to do the marketing, does this fall under the joint marketing exception or is a privacy notice with an opt-out required?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1701422 - 05/18/12 08:55 PM Re: Privacy Opt-Out vs Joint Marketing Compliance Poster
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I'm not sure how you could get this product to fall under a joint marketing agreement?

Return to Top
#1701502 - 05/21/12 11:25 AM Re: Privacy Opt-Out vs Joint Marketing rlcarey
Compliance Poster Offline
Gold Star
Randy,
I was thinking that since it is not the bank's product and it is being marketed by the third-party, there needs to be an privacy opt-out provided to all the customers of whom will be solicited. Are you thinking the same thing?

Return to Top
#1701878 - 05/21/12 11:44 PM Re: Privacy Opt-Out vs Joint Marketing Compliance Poster
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If you can't get it to fall into one of the exceptions, then an opt-out is needed.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett