BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1701810 - 05/21/12 08:21 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Salt Lake City has the best views from the terminal.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1701813 - 05/21/12 08:26 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i don't know, my 2 trips to SLC both arrived after 9:00 PM...it was dark outside, so the view was terrible...

Return to Top
#1701824 - 05/21/12 08:33 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport GenerousLife
RR Sarah Online
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I've never had an issue with any airline I have flown. Well, except American Airlines...2010 my suitcase didn't make it on the plane coming home from Florida. If I fly out of Minneapolis I prefer Sun Country. Although we had to pay cash for our drinks on Sun Country as opposed to using a credit card. wink For my location I like to fly out of Hector Int'l in Fargo, ND because it is convenient and the long term parking is cheaper. I thought the Denver airport was pretty cool. O'Hare was nice and was the first place I ever saw the automatic paper toilet cover things. laugh

Return to Top
#1701862 - 05/21/12 09:50 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
One time on a Southwest flight going from Burbank to Vegas, the flight attendant giving the emergency preparedness speach had a Georgia accent. When we got to the part about the life vests, she said, ever so southernly-sweet, "Ahnd in thee eevent of ah wahtah landin' as we flah over thuh desurt, you cahn retrieve your lahf vest undur yo-ur seat."

Because unless the plane was landing in Lake Mead AFTER passing by Vegas, any landing between Burbank and Vegas would definitely NOT be a water landing!

Return to Top
#1702148 - 05/22/12 07:27 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Happy I hate the Wright act. When I interviewed for this job I had to fly out of KC at 6am, to to Dallas, change planes and fly back to Tulsa, getting here at 9am. I could have driven down here in just an hour more. It was the same going home, fly to Dallas, change planes and fly back over where I just was to get to KC. It is time to get that law changed.

Return to Top
#1702170 - 05/22/12 07:43 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport CRAatBOK
Peach Offline
100 Club
Peach
Out West
I flew in Feb 2012 and Denver still has the smoker lounge. I miss both the lounge and smoking. smile I like Portland OR, very bright and clean. LA is bad bad, I truely dislike that dirty crowded old place. The bright side is flying over the ocean is cool. I like Phoenix and Dallas too.

Return to Top
#1702172 - 05/22/12 07:45 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
LAX sucks monkey bones. Ontario and John Wayne are much easier to fly out of. I've never flown out of Long Beach or Burbank.

Return to Top
#1702182 - 05/22/12 08:01 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
We are flying Southwest from Denver to Portland next month. Straight flight to and from, no changing planes. Which is great since we are traveling with our kids. I've flown Southwest before and have always enjoyed it. Haven't really flown any of the other airlines in years.

Nice to hear someone say the Portland airport is nice. That will be our first time there.

Since I'm on topic, does anyone have any must sees in the Portland area?

Return to Top
#1702257 - 05/23/12 01:04 AM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
If the weather's nice and you like hiking, go for a hike at any of the falls in the Columbia River Gorge (about 35 - 45 min. from Portland). Latourelle Falls, Bridal Veil, Multnomah Falls (has a restaurant and is the most-visited, but others are really cool) - all are breathtaking.

Portland Saturday Market and the waterfront near it.

The Rose Garden is pretty amazing.

Oregon Museum of Science & Industry (OMSI).

Oregon Zoo.

Powell's Books is world-renowned.

Portland Art Museum is pretty nice (especially if it's raining outside).

Have desert at Papa Haydn's on NW 23rd.

Have dinner at Jake's (not cheap, but really good).

Have donuts at Voodoo donuts.

Return to Top
#1702321 - 05/23/12 01:37 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
CheshireAliCat Offline
100 Club
NJ
Chicago - buy your Bears gear and have breakfast at the Wolfgang Puck Cafe... and then run for your next flight, as the delay notices are usually a mess (but still worth it!)

Return to Top
#1702325 - 05/23/12 01:44 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport CheshireAliCat
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Best airline is Delta.
Worst Airline is US Scare

Favorite airport is Daytona Beach. You can pull up 20 minutes before your flight, and still make it to the plane in time.

Best big city airport is Detroit. The city sucks, but the airport is great! Plus they have a special security lane for frequent flyers, where you don't have to remove anything, take anything out of your bag, or do anything that inconveniences you.

Worst airport, is a toss-up between White Plains, NY, and Houston. eek
Last edited by Bimmer; 05/23/12 01:45 PM.

Return to Top
#1702338 - 05/23/12 02:01 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Best big city airport is Detroit. The city sucks, but the airport is great! Plus they have a special security lane for frequent flyers, where you don't have to remove anything, take anything out of your bag, or do anything that inconveniences you.

no place to hook up the iPad? laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1702340 - 05/23/12 02:04 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport rainman
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Originally Posted By: rainman
If the weather's nice and you like hiking, go for a hike at any of the falls in the Columbia River Gorge (about 35 - 45 min. from Portland). Latourelle Falls, Bridal Veil, Multnomah Falls (has a restaurant and is the most-visited, but others are really cool) - all are breathtaking.

Portland Saturday Market and the waterfront near it.

The Rose Garden is pretty amazing.

Oregon Museum of Science & Industry (OMSI).

Oregon Zoo.

Powell's Books is world-renowned.

Portland Art Museum is pretty nice (especially if it's raining outside).

Have desert at Papa Haydn's on NW 23rd.

Have dinner at Jake's (not cheap, but really good).

Have donuts at Voodoo donuts.

Thank you, rainman!

Return to Top
#1702353 - 05/23/12 02:13 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
All you need to know about Portland can be gleaned from watching episodes of "Portlandia". laugh

Their airport is pretty cool, though.

Return to Top
#1702358 - 05/23/12 02:17 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport Bimmer
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
Best airline is Delta.
Worst Airline is US Scare

I booked the flight I took a couple of weeks ago on US Air (price difference was too great to be picky) but when I went to check in online the day before it told me they had no record of my flight. After quite a few anxious moments I found that somehow they must have sold my flight to United. No prior notification or anything. I was happy to fly United over US Air but would have appreciated a heads up that my flight had been sold.

Return to Top
#1702371 - 05/23/12 02:27 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
No servicing transfer disclosure required?? Not cool!

I'd agree that Detroit is a great airport to go through. Since our local airport is a small one, almost everything is routed through Minneapolis, Detroit or Chicago. As a result, I'm through one of those whenever I fly pretty much. Next month I'll get to route through DFW, so that'll be a new one, then OKC. Never super excited about navigating new airports, but I don't usually have much trouble except flights not having crews last minute and stuff like that.

I did have one issue on the way back from a training last year, got to Minneapolis and turned my phone on, had a text and email from Delta that my flight had been delayed. Very nice to have, but then the displays in the airport didn't reflect that. Turns out I was still on time, nothing had changed, and I'm glad I didn't take my time and listen to the message, since my layover was a mere 35 minutes. Barely enough time to switch terminals.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4