Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1701919 - 05/22/12 01:02 PM loan-to-value question...please help!
shea930 Offline
Gold Star
Sorry if this is dumb question I just can find anything that references anything like this. We are taking a peice of land as collateral that has the borrowers mobile home sitting on it(residence). We are only taking the land which has electric, septic, etc. I know it's not raw land, but would it fall under land development or improved property?? Land development is unimproved land that's going to be improved and Improved property doesn't address property like this in the definition either. Not sure how to handle, please help.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1701965 - 05/22/12 02:27 PM Re: loan-to-value question...please help! shea930
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I too sometimes have trouble with these. I would assume from your answer that the mobile home is not permanetly affixed? If that is the case I'd have to put in under land development rather than improved. Just my opinion from looking at the SLTV guidelines (which is rather vague on definitions) and throwing in some call report categories. Just my opinion.

Return to Top
#1702009 - 05/22/12 03:29 PM Re: loan-to-value question...please help! shea930
shea930 Offline
Gold Star
That was the way I was leaning also but of course the loan officer wants that higher LTV of improved propery so I had to double check....I appreaciate the help, thank you!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z