Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1702374 - 05/23/12 02:28 PM Loan and LOC Advances
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
DISCLAIMER - my area of compliance oversight is Retail, Operations and OFAC - and this questions strays to the lending side, which I know very little about.

Now, with that out of the way - is there any regulatory reason that we cannot require a customer to have his loan/LOC advances deposited to a bank account at our Financial Institution? (I'm not talking about loan fundings that we wire to title companies, etc.....)

Thanks in advance for thoughtful and/or thought provoking responses.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1702449 - 05/23/12 03:41 PM Re: Loan and LOC Advances RBanker
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Reg E addresses repayment via EFTs, but not funding. Since the Tying Act allows deposit and loan accounts to be required, I don't know of any issue.

You could have a UDAAP issue if there is a fee associated with this, such as access to the account, or some other transaction fee. That would be "playing dirty" IMHO. Otherwise, I know of no prohibition.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#1702458 - 05/23/12 03:57 PM Re: Loan and LOC Advances RBanker
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Nope - no transaction fees would be associated - only fees would be transaction type fees - NSF/OD/Wire Transfer/Copies/etc....
No min balance, no monthly s/c......

Return to Top