Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1701522 - 05/21/12 01:24 PM State Law on Elder Abuse
GoGreen Offline
Gold Star
PA
What does this law state for the mandatory employee training and the date to be implemented?

Return to Top
#1703056 - 05/24/12 06:19 PM Re: State Law on Elder Abuse GoGreen
Tries to Comply Offline
New Poster
I am not sure what the requirements are yet. We are going to be trained on June 12th through Maryland Banker's Assn. The law is effective October 1, 2012. Once I find out the requirements, I will include it in my annual security training. The information is below. Hope this helps.

Elder Financial Abuse Training - Project S.A.F.E.
Tuesday, June 12

Join us to learn how to detect and report financial abuse of elders.

With the passage of House Bill 1257 during the 2012 session of the Maryland General Assembly, financial institutions will be required, effective October 1, 2012, to report suspected cases of elder financial abuse. This session will cover the definitions and requirements as part of the new law, review case studies offering examples of elder financial abuse and how to spot it, and discuss who to contact to report suspected abuse.

Project SAFE was developed as a public and private partnership between Maryland's Office of the Attorney General, Maryland Bankers Association, Maryland Department of Aging, Maryland Department of Human Resources, Maryland Association of Area Agencies on Aging, the Maryland TRIAD/SALT Network, and AARP Maryland. Project SAFE is a program designed to help protect Marylanders, particularly older citizens, from financial exploitation. The elderly are the fastest growing segment of our population, and financial exploitation and other forms of abuse are occurring at an ever-increasing rate. By educating the employees of financial institutions, Project SAFE hopes to prevent and/or deter financial abuse in Maryland.

We suggest that training officers, security officers, branch administrators, frontline staff, CSRs, and any employee with customer involvement attend this session.

For more informatiion go to: mdbankers@mdbankers.com

Return to Top