Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1703136 - 05/24/12 08:03 PM New CTR form question
EB, CAMS Offline
100 Club
EB, CAMS
flyover country
I'm developing internal processes for completing the new BSA-CTR and I've run into an issue. Maybe you guys can help. The e-filing help desk isn't answering and their inbox for new voicemails is full. Imagine that!

Here is my issue: I am completing CTR's for transactions that occured at a branch office. On Part III, where we include where the transaction occured, do I put only the branch location or do I put the main bank/headquarters location too? The BSA team is at the main bank and that is where the CTR is reviewed and e-filed.

thanks in advance for your help!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1703194 - 05/24/12 08:48 PM Re: New CTR form question EB, CAMS
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Refer to the FinCEN Currency Transaction Report (FinCEN CTR) Electronic Filing Requirements document dated March 2012. Jump all the way back to Attachment C, Part III, which starts on the 70th page of the 73-page PDF (identified as page 62 of the document).

There, you will find you complete a separate page for each financial institution branch involved in aggregated currency transactions (unlike the legacy CTR, which asks for the address of one branch at which the aggregated transactions took place). Implicit in that instruction is the direction that you supply the address of the branch when there's only one transaction to report.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1703196 - 05/24/12 08:51 PM Re: New CTR form question EB, CAMS
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
...note too the little blue + and - symbols. If multiple branches are involved, you include multiple addresses.

If the question is about form completion, not e-filing per se, you can use the FinCEN Helpline.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z