Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#170440 - 03/17/04 04:50 PM CD Credit?
SouthoftheBorder Offline
Gold Star
The South
ABA has a program for banks "teach children to save" and our bank has decided its a good program to support....though it's not strictly targeted to low and moderate income students I'm thinking of adding it to our CRA folder anyway...does anyone have any thoughts about that?

Return to Top
CRA
#170441 - 03/17/04 04:58 PM Re: CD Credit?
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Why not find out from the school board or the school administration which schools have more than 50% of the kids on free or reduced breakfast and lunch programs, then start the program in those schools. You would have a better chance at getting credit this way. The info should be easily obtained.

Return to Top
#170442 - 03/17/04 07:06 PM Re: CD Credit?
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
We have done TCTSD for the last few years. We have been lucky to get schools that fit the definition of CD. If we do have a school that doesn't fit, I put it in anyway and say that it is a ABA sponsored program to prevent children from becoming L/M income in the future.

Return to Top
#170443 - 03/18/04 07:07 PM Re: CD Credit?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I push the envelope but I don't push it quite that hard KC But heck if it works for you go for it!

Programs that provide financial literacy training are always great CRA CD programs. To get the most bang for your buck be sure to focus on Title One schools (the reduced lunch program) and low or mod tracts with schools or recreational facilities in them. I get credit for my training both in the schools and in some after school programs. I also teach to Yu'pik Eskimo elders and receive the same credit due to their census tract income levels and lack of financial skills which I'm assisting in alleviating through the training. Document your audience size, the location, etc., and you'll have no trouble getting credit for the work you and your staff are doing to provide financial literacy training of any kind.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#170444 - 03/18/04 07:53 PM Re: CD Credit?
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I don't know if it will work, probably not but it makes as much sense as some of the "rules" they have. I will be having an exam in May so I sure I will find out all kinds of interesting interpretations of the "rules".

Return to Top
#170445 - 03/18/04 09:28 PM Re: CD Credit?
Anonymous
Unregistered

FYI.

"www.greatschools.net" is a great website to check the % of students receiving free or reduced lunch in a particular school.

And from recent exam experience, we only received credit for financial education programs to Title I schools, even when they were part of a national initiative such as Teach Your Children...

Return to Top
#170446 - 03/19/04 01:33 AM Re: CD Credit?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I think you'll hear the same thing as Anon Paula...but heck I've seen examiners include some goofy things over the years (my favorite is the examiner who allowed the bank to take investment credit for a FHLB housing grant). Don't try that at home kids, it's NUTTY and entirely wrong!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top