Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1704998 - 05/31/12 01:33 PM Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup...
A_G Online
10K Club

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1705001 - 05/31/12 01:36 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... A_G
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Nice to see some whistleblower goodness. smile

Return to Top
#1705002 - 05/31/12 01:36 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... Retired DQ
A_G Online
10K Club
I agree.

It's finally nice to see some ethics in the business world.

Return to Top
#1705005 - 05/31/12 01:43 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... A_G
Peepers Offline
10K Club
was this from Yahoo?

are there any sarcastic posts?

Return to Top
#1705013 - 05/31/12 01:53 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... Peepers
A_G Online
10K Club
No, sorry.

Bloomberg.

Return to Top
#1705363 - 05/31/12 07:43 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... A_G
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
So they can pay out big bucks and walk away? What about all the people hurt by what they did? What about the appraisers others that issued false reports and the people that changed tax returns and financial stmts?

I am glad she won her suit but I am not elated that Citi got by with a slap on the wrist and nobody else paid for their deceit.

Return to Top
#1705366 - 05/31/12 07:48 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... A_G
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Not defending what they have done. The article stated that they bought the loans and then resold them.

"Hunt’s team was responsible for protecting Citigroup from fraud and bad investments. She and her colleagues inspected loans Citi wanted to buy from outside brokers and lenders to see whether they met the bank’s standards. The mortgages had to have properly signed paperwork, verifiable borrower income and realistic appraisals."

Why is it that only Citi was named?
How about a CMP for the brokers and other lenders that closed on these garbage loans?

CAMS

Return to Top
#1705370 - 05/31/12 07:59 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... A_G
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Good luck finding them Ed. Probably all out of business for the last few years.

Return to Top
#1705401 - 05/31/12 08:39 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... A_G
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
honestly, I don't think anyone cared in the fast and furious mortgage days...the government was backing everything, there really was no risk to the bank...if a customer defaulted, the government stepped in and paid it off...

Citi just compounded the issue by takming whatever they were given, instead of rejecting the items that didn't meet their criteria...there was actually fraud on the front end if forms weren't signed, documents were forged, changed, etc...and fraud on the back end by deflating the numbers to make them meet the 5% quota Citi wanted...

guess which has the bigger, deeper pockets and is the easier target...

Return to Top
#1705416 - 05/31/12 08:48 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
honestly, I don't think anyone cared in the fast and furious mortgage days...the government was backing everything, there really was no risk to the bank...if a customer defaulted, the government stepped in and paid it off...the value of the property appreciated more than the loan so no one lost money. and no one cared including Fannie and Freddie as they all got paid.

Fixed

CAMS

Return to Top
#1705460 - 05/31/12 09:41 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... A_G
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
I wonder how they came up with a settlement of $31 million to thsi lady? Was it really a settlement, or was it partly a reward? Curious what they based it on.

Return to Top
#1705468 - 05/31/12 09:52 PM Re: Woman Who Couldn’t Be Intimidated by Citigroup... A_G
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
it is percentage based that is tied to the overall amount of the settlement

Return to Top