Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#1707220 - 06/06/12 01:58 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
A good friend is trying to come up with names for her twin boys on the way in a couple months. She's really pushing for Bruce and Wayne, but I don't think that's going to happen.

"Danger" has been thrown out for the middle name for both!

Guy I knew in college had the last name Die, he's a dentist now, Dr. Die.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1707226 - 06/06/12 02:01 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" Matt_B
Carolina Blue Offline
Platinum Poster
Carolina Blue
Lost in a regulatory fog
Grew up with a kid named Anil Joy. None of us thought anything about it until junior high. Then the teasing never ceased. Poor guy.

Return to Top
#1707240 - 06/06/12 02:15 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Friends and acquaintances:

Old branch manager: Barry Cashman
College acquaintance: Liberty Hill
Old work associates: Mary Berry, Kate Smith, Rose Busch, Thomas Acquinas O'Connor

Return to Top
#1707254 - 06/06/12 02:25 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
A co-worker's friend from college named her kid Oranjello---because she really liked Orange Jello.

Return to Top
#1707282 - 06/06/12 02:50 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
He may be known to some of you on here... but my BSA AML Compliance mentors name was Phillips Gay smile

Return to Top
#1707286 - 06/06/12 02:58 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Phil Gay is just the nicest guy.

Return to Top
#1707290 - 06/06/12 03:03 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
My grandfather was Thomas Thomas
Have a friend named Goober McGonnagle ("Goober" was his real name, parents apparently love the Andy Griffith show)
Client when I was an auditor, Fuk Yu (cant somebody at Ellis Island help these poor people?)
Client when I was an auditor, Harry Reddick. (That cannot possibly help your love life)
Girl from college, Dorkkus Mcfeeby (can you get beautiful enought to overcome "Dorkkus"?)

Return to Top
#1707295 - 06/06/12 03:06 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" Matt_B
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
A good friend is trying to come up with names for her twin boys on the way in a couple months. She's really pushing for Bruce and Wayne, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Really? If SHE is pushing for it, you'd think a husband would go for it. After all, you're not going to be calling him Bruce Wayne, you'll be calling one Bruce and the other Wayne... it's all good smile

Return to Top
#1707308 - 06/06/12 03:11 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" MB Guy
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
Originally Posted By: MB Guy
Phil Gay is just the nicest guy.

He really is...Love him!!! I was very lucky to start my BSA Compliance career with him smile

Return to Top
#1707376 - 06/06/12 04:00 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
as a teller, we had to check the obits everyday just in case - I came across a Margherita Martini.

a "crunchy" friend of mine named her daughter Kairi Rain.

a co-worker's husband is a teacher. He's had a kid named Myson (pronounced My Son) and his younger brother Itsaboy.

when i was in high school i wanted to name my daughter Midnight Pearl. Thankfully when i actually got pregnant, my boyfriend talked me out of it.

Return to Top
#1707378 - 06/06/12 04:04 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
"crunchy"?

Return to Top
#1707393 - 06/06/12 04:13 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" MB Guy
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
I know people named Dave David, Dick Doctor, Dr. Pain, Dr. Bush (yes, he is an OB/GYN) and Dr. Slaughter eek

Return to Top
#1707394 - 06/06/12 04:13 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Urban dictionary.com

crunchy

Adjective. Used to describe persons who have adjusted or altered their lifestyle for environmental reasons. Crunchy persons tend to be politically strongly left-leaning and may be additionally but not exclusively categorized as vegetarians, vegans, eco-tarians, conservationists, environmentalists, neo-hippies, tree huggers, nature enthusiasts, etc.

Also used to describe establishments where alternative foods and products are sold, i.e. natural food stores.

---------------------------------------

I would add that there is nothing wrong with being environmentally aware, or having a healthy lifestyle- IMHO, "crunchy" people take it to the extreme- No dyes, only wooden toys, etc

Return to Top
#1707399 - 06/06/12 04:19 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I have run across a Candy Kane and a Forrest Green over the course of my life.

A guy I knew with the last name "Key" always joked that he was going to name his first daughter Dawn.

Return to Top
#1707400 - 06/06/12 04:22 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" BurntSienna
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
My father worked with a woman named Crystal Shanda Leer.

Return to Top
#1707403 - 06/06/12 04:24 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" Bimmer
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
A former customer = Harry Sides.

Return to Top
#1707407 - 06/06/12 04:27 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" RR Sarah
A_G Online
10K Club
A cousin's friend's aunt works with someone named Ivanna Goldwatch.

Return to Top
#1707414 - 06/06/12 04:34 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" Loralie
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Loralie

when i was in high school i wanted to name my daughter Midnight Pearl. Thankfully when i actually got pregnant, my boyfriend talked me out of it.

I think I painted a room in that color once.

Return to Top
#1707417 - 06/06/12 04:35 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Thanks Loralie, I had absolutely no idea what that was.

Return to Top
#1707419 - 06/06/12 04:36 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" Loralie
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By: Loralie
Urban dictionary.com

crunchy

Adjective. Used to describe persons who have adjusted or altered their lifestyle for environmental reasons. Crunchy persons tend to be politically strongly left-leaning and may be additionally but not exclusively categorized as vegetarians, vegans, eco-tarians, conservationists, environmentalists, neo-hippies, tree huggers, nature enthusiasts, etc.

Also used to describe establishments where alternative foods and products are sold, i.e. natural food stores.

---------------------------------------

I would add that there is nothing wrong with being environmentally aware, or having a healthy lifestyle- IMHO, "crunchy" people take it to the extreme- No dyes, only wooden toys, etc

AKA Granolas

Return to Top
#1707425 - 06/06/12 04:45 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" TB 12
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
One of my best friend's name is Ronald. His identical twin brother's name is Donald.

One of my co-worker's name is Sue Sue.

I had a customer once whose name was Rocky Strong. He came into sign loan papers attired in army fatigues.

A CPA firm here is called Sandefur and Swindle.

A funeral parlor in Ruidoso, New Mexico is called La Grone Funeral Home.

My last name is Wigley. When my daughter was born, we considered naming her Aspen.....until my mother noted that when they called her name out in school, it would be Wigley As$-pen.

Return to Top
#1707490 - 06/06/12 06:13 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
worked with a lady with the first name of Vendetta...

Backstreets, perhaps you meant Lemonjello?

Knew a kid in middle school named Semaj, which is James spelled backwards - James was his father

Wife has a cousin named Morning Star, yes, the parent were hippies and living in a commune when she was born

Return to Top
#1707495 - 06/06/12 06:21 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
plm18banker Offline
New Poster
I grew up as a Dum girl - yes my last name was Dum without the B. There were a lot of Dum's in the school so didn't get teased too much.

Return to Top
#1707497 - 06/06/12 06:24 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I'm aware of a person who changed their middle name to "Kills" and last name to "Enemies".

She's a biker, but not overly intimidating otherwise.

Return to Top
#1707508 - 06/06/12 06:34 PM Re: People's whose name make you think "HUH?" HappyGilmore
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My maiden name was Pitt. LOTS of jokes about that one.

Used to work with a woman who's daughter went to school with a boy named DeCorate - although pronounced differently than decorate.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6