Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1651637 - 01/17/12 05:45 PM Multiple NCUTMA for same minor?
Zoo Mama Offline
100 Club
Is it permissable to have two NCUTMA accounts with the same minor and custodian? I have one account for my daughter as her SS Rep Payee. I would like to have an account that was just a savings for me to deposit to and not have to seperate the details on my annual payee reporting.

Return to Top
#1651676 - 01/17/12 06:18 PM Re: Multiple NCUTMA for same minor? Zoo Mama
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
See North Carolina Code - General Statutes ยง 33A-12. Care of custodial property.

A custodian is not limited to one account. You could have a savings account, investment account, real property, etc. involved. As long as you fulfill your duties as the custodian, you can do what you want.

Return to Top
#1651691 - 01/17/12 06:25 PM Re: Multiple NCUTMA for same minor? Zoo Mama
Zoo Mama Offline
100 Club
Great. That seemed like it would be the logical answer but I wanted confirmation since sometimes things aren't logical. I appreciate your quick response~!

Return to Top
#1709591 - 06/13/12 12:13 AM Re: Multiple NCUTMA for same minor? Zoo Mama
Robert_1 Offline
New Poster
Consumer loan made in NC, customer file folder remains in NC. Borrower moved and lives in GA now. A GA judgment was obtained at contract rate. NC statue limits the judgment rate to 8%. Should the rate on the acct be changed to 8% or is the GA judgment rate valid in NC? If a foreign judgment order is filed in the local superior court in NC would the GA rate be valid vs 8%? GA courts charge a 10% bookkeeping fee, thus we get 10% less when garnishment funds arrive, Are we okay to post only he net received or should we absorb the 10% fee. Thanks for any help

Return to Top
#1709753 - 06/13/12 04:01 PM Re: Multiple NCUTMA for same minor? Zoo Mama
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
What does this have to do with NCUTMA accounts? Sorry, I'm really confused/

Return to Top
#1710900 - 06/15/12 03:23 PM Re: Multiple NCUTMA for same minor? Robert_1
elcinoca Offline
Platinum Poster
Elizabeth City, NC
Robert,

Re-Post your question in the North Carolina (or Georgia) forum as a "New Topic." Since the original question in this thread was posted and answered almost six months ago, I would surmise that the NC BOL'ers who have already seen this thread are not seeing that you posted a new, unrelated question. A new topic may yield an answer.

Regrettably, I cannot answer your question as posed. Did your bank obtain a judgment against the borrower and file it in Georgia? Or did someone in Georgia obtain a judgment against your borrower in North Carolina? Who obtained a judgment against whom? I am sorry, but like Randy, I am confused.

MarkB

Return to Top