Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1709986 - 06/13/12 07:26 PM Adverse Action Notice
dac Offline
100 Club
We had a loan declined because it was a Non Warrantable Condo that is not eligible to be sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac because they DO NOT fit into one of the following three classes below:

CLASS I

1. Developers control of the homeowners association has been turned over to the condo owners
2. Project is not subject to additional phasing or add-ons which have not yet been completed
3. All common elements and amenities must be fully installed, completed and in operation
4. 70% of all units in the entire development must have been sold and or legally obligated to close
5. 70% of all units in the entire development must have been sold to owner occupants

CLASS II

1. Recent or current condominium conversions (from apartments)
2. Homeowners association has been controlled by the unit owners (other than the developer) for less than two years
3. Project is not subject to phasing or add-ons which have not yet been completed
4. All common elements and amenities are fully installed, completed and in operation
5. 70% of the units in the entire development must have been sold and/or legally obligated to close
6. 70% of the units in the entire development must have been sold to owner occupants
7. No more than 15% of the current unit owners are more than one month delinquent in payment of homeowners dues or assessments

CLASS III

1. Homeowners Association has been controlled by unit owners (other than developer) for at least one year
2. Project is not subject to phasing or add-ons
3. All common amenities are fully installed, completed, and in operation
4. 90% of the units have been sold (owner-occupancy of at least 60%)

A CONDO QUESTIONNAIRE MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE MANAGEMENT TO DETERMINE PROJECT ELIGIBILITY
Because FNMA would not purchase mortgages secured by non-warrantable condominiums, many banks consider these condos to be more risky, and thus increase the interest rate accordingly.

My question-What reason should we use on the AAN?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1710029 - 06/13/12 08:01 PM Re: Adverse Action Notice dac
tic toc Offline
100 Club
Springfield IL
I just had the same circumstance, but in our case, we could not offer an in-house loan, either.(older condo, no firewall). Which was an Insurance issue. I was fortunate,though,the borrower withdrew. So no AA needed.

I'm thinking, you might be able to use "Other, not eligible for Investor Loan Programs". (Fannie or Freddie), Just a thought.

Return to Top
#1710036 - 06/13/12 08:07 PM Re: Adverse Action Notice tic toc
dac Offline
100 Club
You would not use collateral not sufficent right?

Return to Top
#1710046 - 06/13/12 08:18 PM Re: Adverse Action Notice dac
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I just had the same circumstance, but in our case, we could not offer an in-house loan, either.(older condo, no firewall). Which was an Insurance issue. I was fortunate,though,the borrower withdrew. So no AA needed.

Based on this short description of what happened you had a denial and owe the applicant an AAN.

You would not use collateral not sufficent right?

We would use "type or value of collateral not sufficient".

Return to Top
#1710063 - 06/13/12 08:28 PM Re: Adverse Action Notice Dan Persfull
dac Offline
100 Club
We have these choices:
Inadequate collateral
Unacceptable Property

Would unacceptable property be the proper choice?

Return to Top
#1710137 - 06/13/12 11:26 PM Re: Adverse Action Notice dac
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Out of the choices you have, yes.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z