Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#1710057 - 06/13/12 08:26 PM NBA Finals
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Got to go to Game 1 of the NBA Finals last night! Thunder Up!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1710065 - 06/13/12 08:29 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
There were a number of celebs in the audience! A number of muy importante BOLers.

Is anyone supporting the Heat?

Return to Top
#1710069 - 06/13/12 08:31 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Go HEAT!!!
Last night they were Thunderstruck!!

Return to Top
#1710079 - 06/13/12 08:41 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I heard that the only Heat supporters are from Florida and Washington!

Return to Top
#1710084 - 06/13/12 08:47 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Nah, I'm a James fan, (wished he had stayed in Cleveland), but they wouldn't bring him in any help, so if he wanted a ring, he needed to move.

Return to Top
#1710085 - 06/13/12 08:47 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
All I know is that I'm currently growing a beard like James Harden!

Return to Top
#1710086 - 06/13/12 08:47 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Oklahoma is alive with Thunder Fever. How awesome that you got to go to the game QM. Next time you get tickets, could you please stop and pick me up? Pretty please? I am right on your way, you know.

Return to Top
#1710089 - 06/13/12 08:49 PM Re: NBA Finals HappyGilmore
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
All I know is that I'm currently growing a beard like James Harden!

Nothing like sitting at home watching and yelling "FEAR THE BEARD" right at the television. I tell you, we are flat goofy with excitement over this. I love the fact that the Miami players have even said that we are classy opponents.

Return to Top
#1710093 - 06/13/12 08:51 PM Re: NBA Finals HRH Okie Banker
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I wonder what Seattle thinks......

Return to Top
#1710115 - 06/13/12 09:22 PM Re: NBA Finals HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Okie Banker
Oklahoma is alive with Thunder Fever. How awesome that you got to go to the game QM. Next time you get tickets, could you please stop and pick me up? Pretty please? I am right on your way, you know.

QM - I'll can be waiting out there on HWY 51 tomorrow afternoon for you to pick me up for tomorrows game. What time? I'll pay for the gas. grin

Return to Top
#1710118 - 06/13/12 09:27 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
they beat the Heat in the second half just as they did the Spurs, it's youth and high energy for a full game, no team does it better...

Return to Top
#1710125 - 06/13/12 09:40 PM Re: NBA Finals HRH Okie Banker
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK

QM - I'll can be waiting out there on HWY 51 tomorrow afternoon for you to pick me up for tomorrows game. What time? I'll pay for the gas. grin

Won't have a chance for more tickets. These belong to the Bank President. He let employees put their names in a drawing and I got lucky! Also went to the Clippers game last March. Took my daughter then and took my son last night. He did find tickets available for Thursday on the row behind us in the same section selling for $2,180 each. You buy the tickets and "I" will pay for the gas! Ha!

Return to Top
#1710127 - 06/13/12 09:51 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
If you haven't seen these, they are pretty good. Some local kids did them - a very talented family.

Beard like Harden

Came to Play

Call Him KD

The facial hair of Oklahoma City guard James Harden has been talked about all season and now it's the topic behind a group of Oklahomans latest music video entitled ‘Beard Like Harden.'

"We were eating at Pizza Hut watching the Thunder sweep the Mavericks and it was halftime and we went to leave and were listening to" Moves Like Jagger"." My friend Gary and his wife Abby, we were riding in their car and she just was joking around and sang beard like Harden instead of moves like Jagger so then Gary and I were just messing around and came up with a chorus. Then when I got home I just sat down and wrote the rest of the song," said Daniel Castor.

Daniel, along with his siblings Chris and Bobbi Castor singers are all featured in the video alongside friends Zach Jackson, Sterling Parks, Gary Babb and Jordan Wilson who are all from Woodward.

"We love to watch and we all play basketball and are really awful so we thought it would be fun to just make a video of it and we all really like Harden so we thought that would be a great song to parody," said Chris who along with the rest of the crew all admire the massive five o'clock shadow Harden has grown.

"Daniel wrote the majority of the song and then we came along and helped him tweak it," said Chris who worked with his sister Bobbi to sing the main vocals.

Return to Top
#1710132 - 06/13/12 10:29 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I'm very lucky to have friends with season tickets so I've been able to attend several playoff games. I'm hoping ::praying hands:: to go Thursday.

Return to Top
#1710171 - 06/14/12 11:55 AM Re: NBA Finals DD Regs
Bob The Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob The Banker
Originally Posted By: DD Regs
Nah, I'm a James fan, (wished he had stayed in Cleveland), but they wouldn't bring him in any help, so if he wanted a ring, he needed to move.

That is the biggest load of bull. James is a crybaby... always has been, always will be... he can't win a ring because he can't close games, chokes at the end, then goes on to blame it on the rest of the team... Wins 60+ games and has the best record in the league with Cleveland during the regular season, then loses in the playoffs because he dooesn't show up when it counts. He QUIT in the middle of the playoffs vs the Celtics in his last year in Cleveland, laid down and quit mid-series.

What happened game one? Durant in the 4th quarter - 17 points... James - 7 points on 2 of 6 shooting.

What did James do in the championship last year vs Dallas in their 6 game series? Averaged 3 points per game in the 4th quarter.

James is full of excuses and loves to pass the buck, but at the end of the day the only one to blame is himself for not coming through when needed.

Return to Top
#1710226 - 06/14/12 01:21 PM Re: NBA Finals cheekEE
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: CheekEE Monkey
I'm very lucky to have friends with season tickets so I've been able to attend several playoff games. I'm hoping ::praying hands:: to go Thursday.

<<< makes note to get new friends

Return to Top
#1710244 - 06/14/12 01:40 PM Re: NBA Finals Bob The Banker
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Bob The Banker

That is the biggest load of bull. James is a crybaby... always has been, always will be... he can't win a ring because he can't close games, chokes at the end, then goes on to blame it on the rest of the team... Wins 60+ games and has the best record in the league with Cleveland during the regular season, then loses in the playoffs because he dooesn't show up when it counts. He QUIT in the middle of the playoffs vs the Celtics in his last year in Cleveland, laid down and quit mid-series.

What happened game one? Durant in the 4th quarter - 17 points... James - 7 points on 2 of 6 shooting.

What did James do in the championship last year vs Dallas in their 6 game series? Averaged 3 points per game in the 4th quarter.

James is full of excuses and loves to pass the buck, but at the end of the day the only one to blame is himself for not coming through when needed.

aren't there 4 other guys on the court with him during the game? I fail to see how any 1 person can be responsible for a loss.

Return to Top
#1710272 - 06/14/12 02:04 PM Re: NBA Finals HappyGilmore
Bob The Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob The Banker

aren't there 4 other guys on the court with him during the game? I fail to see how any 1 person can be responsible for a loss.
Sure are 4 other guys, and all 5 guys on the floor have their role. James' role as being the superstar and superior scorer is to score when the team needs points down the stretch. He fails in his role, hence why his team never wins a champsionship.

Just like it is the closer's role in baseball to close the game out when called in from the bulpen, it is James' role to close the game out when it is on the line.

Return to Top
#1710311 - 06/14/12 02:44 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
of course, if the other 4 guys played defense throughout the game, and didn't allow their man to score, and made all their shots, and made all their freethrows, then it wouldn't fall on "1 guy" to have to pull it out and win in teh last second...

the greatest teams have everyone contribute. I can recall games in finals where Jordan and Bryant had off nights, one Kobe only scored 2 points in the 4th quarter, but their teams still found a way to win. That's what the Heat needs to do. If their game plan is to keep it close and then rely solely on James to win it, it is a poor gameplan.

Return to Top
#1710321 - 06/14/12 02:56 PM Re: NBA Finals HRH Okie Banker
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street

LOL..

and now I get to start all over in PA. Maybe I'll make friends with some Steeler fan!! laugh

Return to Top
#1710333 - 06/14/12 03:07 PM Re: NBA Finals Queen Mum
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Thanks Happy for taking up the argument. I thie BtB is the one spreading the Bull. Even Jordan couldn't win the championship until quality players were added to the team. LJs has never had good team mates until moving South.

Ofcource until he wins a ring he will never be called a great player.

Return to Top
#1710339 - 06/14/12 03:11 PM Re: NBA Finals Bob The Banker
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
[quote=DD Regs]

Sure are 4 other guys, and all 5 guys on the floor have their role. James' role as being the superstar and superior scorer is to score when the team needs points down the stretch. He fails in his role, hence why his team never wins a champsionship.

Just like it is the closer's role in baseball to close the game out when called in from the bulpen, it is James' role to close the game out when it is on the line.

It takes a team to win a game, but one guy can lose a game.
- A. Nonnemus

Return to Top
#1710340 - 06/14/12 03:15 PM Re: NBA Finals cheekEE
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania

LOL..

and now I get to start all over in PA. Maybe I'll make friends with some Steeler fan!! laugh

Good luck, I've been looking for friends with Steeler tickets for 40 years.... Now Pirate tickets, no problem!

Return to Top
#1710353 - 06/14/12 03:31 PM Re: NBA Finals thomasj
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Pirate tickets they can not give away. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1710356 - 06/14/12 03:35 PM Re: NBA Finals edAudit
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
Pirate tickets they can not give away. laugh

Actually, they've been on a streak as of late. They were tied for first place in their division last week and are only 2 games back right now. They had over 30,000 in attendance last Friday I heard.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8