Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1710743 - 06/15/12 12:29 PM New CTR E-filing
SunnyFL, CRCM Offline
100 Club
FL
We are currently filing CTRs electronically (discreet filer) and want to try the new "form" but we cannot see it on the E-filing website. We can't seem to find any instruction on launching the new format, have not been able to get a response from the help desk (I'm sure they are on overload about now!) and are wondering if we have to run a test first. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1710749 - 06/15/12 12:35 PM Re: New CTR E-filing SunnyFL, CRCM
Gatorgirl Offline
Florida
There should be a pdf version on the website you can download. I have a copy of the CTR and SAR new form version I can send you if you are unable to locate it on the website. Just PM me.

Return to Top
#1710750 - 06/15/12 12:36 PM Re: New CTR E-filing SunnyFL, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Once in efiling, on the selection menu on the left, go up 1 section to "New Reports" (it's right under "User Management" and right above "Legacy Reports", then in that section "File FinCEN CTR".

You do NOT have run a test version first.
Last edited by Dani York; 06/15/12 12:37 PM.

Return to Top
#1710791 - 06/15/12 01:33 PM Re: New CTR E-filing Dani York, CRCM
SunnyFL, CRCM Offline
100 Club
FL
Thanks for the response but.... OK this is odd. On the left of the efiling screen we have Legacy Reports but we do not have a "New Reports" or "User Management" section. (P.S. It is not even listed under the tab "Open a New Form" where you think it would be).

Return to Top
#1710828 - 06/15/12 02:21 PM Re: New CTR E-filing SunnyFL, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
That's just weird. I think you will need to wait to hear back from the help desk to figure out what's going on with the selection menus on the left. I would suggest maybe pasting a print screen of your opening menu after log in into an email driectly to the help desk email so they can see what's going on.

Sorry I can't offer much more help than that.

ETA:The "open a new form" button will only open a new form of the type you selected from the selection menus on the opening menu screen. So if you selected Legacy CTR on the opening menu, the "open new form" will open a new LEGACY CTR, not a FINCEN CTR.
Last edited by Dani York; 06/15/12 02:37 PM.

Return to Top
#1710883 - 06/15/12 03:05 PM Re: New CTR E-filing SunnyFL, CRCM
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
You may need to contact your institution's Supervisory User and request that you be given access to the new forms. Since this is a different menu item than you have previously had access to, they may need to "check a box" for you.

Return to Top
#1710928 - 06/15/12 03:53 PM Re: New CTR E-filing BrianC
SunnyFL, CRCM Offline
100 Club
FL
Thanks to you all for the help. We will work it from both angles and see what happens. Thanks again.

Return to Top
#1710961 - 06/15/12 04:21 PM Re: New CTR E-filing SunnyFL, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Brian's right. I just checked the user roles, and if you are not a supervisory user, you will need to be assigned the role of "File FinCEN CTR" and "File FinCEN SAR", etc as appropriate.

Return to Top
#1711008 - 06/15/12 05:46 PM Re: New CTR E-filing SunnyFL, CRCM
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
They don't make this easy, do they? It's a good think you all are getting into this a couple weeks early. I can imagine the panic of those who dive in for the first time on July 2.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z