Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1711929 - 06/19/12 07:31 PM New CTR Form 112- Sample?
Kristen C. Offline
Is there a site I can access to see how to fill out the new CTR form? I attended some seminars but I had hard copies in front of me. I would like to see something interactive.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1711936 - 06/19/12 07:39 PM Re: New CTR Form 112- Sample? Kristen C.
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
If you already have access to efiling, you can access the new CTR and new SAR when you log in. YOu can play with the forms all you want, just don't hit submit.

Or you can sign up for the test site here :

http://sdtmut.fincen.treas.gov/main.html

Return to Top
#1712015 - 06/19/12 09:08 PM Re: New CTR Form 112- Sample? Kristen C.
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
You don't have to actually sign up for the test site...there are links to the demonstration forms on the right side of the screen linked.

Return to Top
#1712213 - 06/20/12 02:31 PM Re: New CTR Form 112- Sample? Dani York, CRCM
Sunshine_101 Offline
100 Club
Sunshine_101
So is FinCEN already accepting the NEW CTR & SAR forms for e-file? I am sooo confused by this for some reason. It seems like it should be simple but yet so complicated.

Also, could anyone help me with item 21 on the NEW CTR form. It should be simple, I know, and maybe I'm over thinking this but just don't want to be wrong.

When an entity is entered in item 4 (Person on whose behalf transaction is conducted) and an individual is entered in a second item 4 (Person conducting transaction for another) do I repeat the same amount in item 21 (Cash in amount for individual or entity listed in item 4). I have entered the amount for the entity in the first item 21, do I really enter the same amount again for the second person?

Please help me unravel the mess in my brain smirk
Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Return to Top
#1712238 - 06/20/12 02:53 PM Re: New CTR Form 112- Sample? Sunshine_101
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Originally Posted By: Sunshine_101
So is FinCEN already accepting the NEW CTR & SAR forms for e-file?

Yes.

Originally Posted By: Sunshine_101
When an entity is entered in item 4 (Person on whose behalf transaction is conducted) and an individual is entered in a second item 4 (Person conducting transaction for another) do I repeat the same amount in item 21 (Cash in amount for individual or entity listed in item 4).

Yes. You are telling law enforcement how much cash was associated with each person you are adding to the report. It may be significant to them that runner A is depositing 3000.00 in cash and the owner is depositing 15000.00 in cash into the same account. You will also enter the amount again on the transaction page.

Also see my posts here for some examples:

http://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbth...650#Post1707650

Return to Top
#1712279 - 06/20/12 03:36 PM Re: New CTR Form 112- Sample? Kristen C.
Sunshine_101 Offline
100 Club
Sunshine_101
Thank you Dani.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z