Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1714961 - 06/27/12 06:41 PM BSA E Filing
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
I've been locked out of my account on BSA e-filing and have been trying to call all day to get it reset and the line is always busy. Anyone else tried contacting them, having issues?

I am calling the number that is provided when you lock yourself out of E-filing.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1714973 - 06/27/12 06:48 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
fnbgal Offline
100 Club
CA
I tried for a couple of days last week and also got a continuous busy signal. I kept trying and was finally able to leave a message. I would imagine they are even busier this week with the deadline for mandatory e-filing quickly approaching. Maybe sending an email to their help desk would be better?

Return to Top
#1715066 - 06/27/12 08:09 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
MsFaye Offline
The Dakotas
I am not sure if this will help, but I have found that if you send an email to the BSA E-filing Help Desk, they are very prompt in either resolving the issue or giving you a call back.

Return to Top
#1716608 - 07/03/12 01:46 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
cheech Offline
100 Club
Chatsworh PA
I have not been able to submit any filings or sometimes even log in. Looks like their servers cannot handle the traffic. Anyone having similar issues?

Return to Top
#1716615 - 07/03/12 01:57 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
AFaquir Offline
Platinum Poster
AFaquir
Top of the world... and never ...
It is BRUTAL...

At this point its beyond aggravating.

Who was the Project Manager on this project, because... this should not have happened or even be happening...

Here are some alternatives that would have worked---

1) Staggering the timeline for compliance, by sending out notices to banks giving them an assigned DATE to be e-filing. Not just saying, hey sign up now... before you have to on July 1...

or perhaps merely stress testing the login servers against the influx of traffic...

MBA Fin/MBS HR

My views only!

Return to Top
#1716631 - 07/03/12 02:08 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
Sci_Comply Offline
100 Club
Sci_Comply
I spent close to 1 1/2 hours on hold trying to get through last week, and when I finally did get to talk to a live person, she spent more time talking about the fitness guru Jack Lalanne than we did about my question!

Return to Top
#1716641 - 07/03/12 02:13 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
YHWB Offline
Platinum Poster
Out there
I stayed on hold for an hour yesterday. Finally spoke to someone that stated the site was down with significant issues. "we are aware of the problem, and are working to correct the issues".

Return to Top
#1716689 - 07/03/12 02:44 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
cheech Offline
100 Club
Chatsworh PA
I got through this morning and she said they are having a meeting this mornig to decide what to say when people call or e-mail. She also said if we have any due they are no longer accepting the paper forms so she would make a note my calendar what was happening if the regulators/auditors ask. So I recorded the phone call with her also. CYA, I hope that is enough.

Return to Top
#1716742 - 07/03/12 03:30 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I got logged in, took probably 20 minutes to get to the point that I could fill out the form, then can't actually submit it.

It was always a bit of a slow site, but nothing this bad!

Return to Top
#1716759 - 07/03/12 03:42 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
Waterfall Offline
PA
I sent an e-mail and called and left 2 messages over 3 weeks ago and have never heard a reply. It is pathetic!

Return to Top
#1716782 - 07/03/12 03:56 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I haven't had any issues with logging on, but I have found the site MUCH faster to use if I log on early in the morning (between 8 and 9), though I am in the eastern time zone.

Return to Top
#1716794 - 07/03/12 04:11 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
So the solution is to do your filing at 3 a.m.? Unacceptable! I wonder whether FinCEN's IT staff will have tomorrow off. Guessing that if the access issue isn't ironed out in a day or so, there will be more than one adverse HR action.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1716799 - 07/03/12 04:13 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
TheWhat Offline
New Poster
We have been filing through E Filing for over two years and this is the first time we are having problems. The phone is busy, which tells me they just took it off the hook.

Been having problems since Friday - Can't get a hold of anyone through the helpline when It's not busy - AND have had no replies to multiple emails about the issue. We will be in violation of filing late CTRs if this problem persists all week.

One thing that gets me here. . . If they KNOW they are having a problem, why don't they send out a mass email to all registered filiers explaining there is an issue and they are working on it. Examiners don't want to hear the problem from us, they would want to hear it from them.

Borderline Mad,

-Bryan

Return to Top
#1716862 - 07/03/12 05:33 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
AFaquir Offline
Platinum Poster
AFaquir
Top of the world... and never ...
I don't know if this happened to anyone either... but I had to change my password, just to login... even though I had just changed it like 2 weeks ago... My BSA assistant said the same thing, that she needed to change her password just to login.

She can't file anything... and I have just been trying to do user maintenance and authorize a new user, both of which are no-gos at ths time.

Fortunately we file daily and were mostly current before this stuff started happening and there is no point authorizing someone who can't file... but this is gettin ridiculous.

MBA Fin/MBS HR

My views only!

Return to Top
#1716905 - 07/03/12 06:33 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
This is very bad. I had a staff member leave and now I am trying to get another one set up and trained on this system before I go out for medical leave and everything is SLOW and not getting any better.

They should have been prepared.

Return to Top
#1716916 - 07/03/12 06:48 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
tmtz Offline
New Poster
Had to change my password also. Now it says that my PIN is incorrect. Requested and received a new one. Tried that PIN and it says that is also incorrect. I tried logging out and logging back in, but that is becoming an adventure in itself.

Very Frustrating!

Return to Top
#1716922 - 07/03/12 06:52 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
When I submitted a batch yesterday, I was told there was a processing error and to re-try. I did, got my confirmation, then - this morning - received two emails with two different confirmation numbers (one was the same as yesterday's). Emailed the BSA Help Desk this morning - no response as yet. Lovely system!

Return to Top
#1716957 - 07/03/12 07:27 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
TheWhat Offline
New Poster
The site is still crashing on me, but I have been able to file some reports just by not giving up. I really wish they would give us a status update.

Return to Top
#1716959 - 07/03/12 07:27 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
Pat Patriot Act Offline
Gold Star
Pat Patriot Act
I HAVE DEADLINES TO MEET!!!

Return to Top
#1716961 - 07/03/12 07:30 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
If you are nearing reporting deadlines, complete them in the afternoon, save them, and then log in as early as possible the next day to submit. I have had no issues between 8-9 am EST, save some slow response from the website but it's faster than later in the day.
Last edited by Dani York; 07/03/12 08:18 PM. Reason: clarify

Return to Top
#1716969 - 07/03/12 07:50 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
Pat Patriot Act Offline
Gold Star
Pat Patriot Act
Seems to be working better at the moment.

Return to Top
#1717010 - 07/03/12 08:23 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Important Notice: FinCEN is currently experiencing a significantly higher than normal call volume into our E-Filing Help Desk which is also impacting FinCEN’s phone system. This is resulting in extended hold times at the Helpdesk and some FinCEN callers receiving busy signals. We are aware of the problem and are actively working to resolve it.

If you experience problems getting through on the phone, you can provide your specific question or issue with your full contact information (including return phone number) to the respective email addresses below and we will make every effort to respond to your issues in a timely manner.

•For E-File technical questions: BSAEfilinghelp@fincen.gov
•For regulatory inquiries related to form completion or selection: BSA_Resource_Center@fincen.gov
•For form completion or selection issues specific to FBAR: fbarquestions@irs.gov
•For law enforcement related matters: liaisonservices@fincen.gov
•314 Inquiries from Law Enforcement: le314a@fincen.gov
•314 Inquiries from Financial Institutions: sys314a@fincen.gov
•General FinCEN Inquiries: webmaster@fincen.gov
•For any other matters, you can also send your inquiry to webmaster@fincen.gov.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to work to get this matter resolved.

Return to Top
#1717058 - 07/03/12 10:25 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
Local banker Offline
100 Club
What is the effective date of having to file electronically in 15 days? I hope we still have 25 days to get them in!

Return to Top
#1717172 - 07/05/12 02:39 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
TheWhat Offline
New Poster
Still having problems here.

Return to Top
#1717212 - 07/05/12 03:59 PM Re: BSA E Filing J2C
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Still can't log in. Assistant was logged in, can't log out now.

Anyone else having this probablem, at this moment????

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z