Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1719582 - 07/12/12 07:52 PM Closing Doc's and Date
SWFLBanker Offline
If closing doc's are dated today, the closing was scheduled for today, but the borrower had an emergency and can't close the loan until tommarow. Do we need to change the date on the loan doc's or is it OK for the customer to sign after the date printed on the doc's?

Thank you in advance!

Return to Top
RESPA
#1719599 - 07/12/12 08:10 PM Re: Closing Doc's and Date SWFLBanker
tic toc Offline
100 Club
Springfield IL
i would just redo the documents, save yourself some trouble, especially if there is a ROR involved, and how about the perdiem? then if a Notary is involved? just to name a few!

personally, i would want everything dated day of closing. i am not sure about the compliance part.

Return to Top
#1719610 - 07/12/12 08:23 PM Re: Closing Doc's and Date SWFLBanker
SWFLBanker Offline
I told the loan processors to redo the paperwork.

Thanks for the info.

One more question?

How would you handle it if it's an out of state closing and the borrowers are closing remotely? If the doc's are being overnighted to the closing?

I am located in Florida and just moved here from NJ. I started with this bank about a month ago. We have a huge volume of vacation (second) home loans where the borrowers are out of state. I did not have to deal with this issue in NJ. But I'm sure it's only matter of time before I am asked. What date would you put on the doc's in that instance?

Return to Top
#1719617 - 07/12/12 08:31 PM Re: Closing Doc's and Date SWFLBanker
tic toc Offline
100 Club
Springfield IL
in my experience and it is an out of state closing, it is most likely being closed at a title company, bank etc. an appointment is set for a certain day, time. So i could usually have the documents dated for the day of closing. If it changed, there again, the documents would have to be updated. but that could easily be taken care of by emailing, scanning the updated documents,or wait until they received them if you had to overnight them.

Return to Top
#1719620 - 07/12/12 08:35 PM Re: Closing Doc's and Date SWFLBanker
SWFLBanker Offline
Thats what I thought too!

Thanks again

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL