Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1720959 - 07/18/12 12:15 PM Interesting Article About Money Laundering
Retread Offline
Power Poster
Retread
Southeast
Just found an interesting article on money laundering for those of you who may be interested.

Interrupting the Wash Cycle

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1721001 - 07/18/12 01:35 PM Re: Interesting Article About Money Laundering Retread
AnnRoy Offline
Platinum Poster
AnnRoy
South
Thanks, Retread!!

Return to Top
#1721646 - 07/19/12 07:36 PM Re: Interesting Article About Money Laundering Retread
BSABecky Offline
100 Club
BSABecky
Seymour, IN USA
Interesting error: "Transactions of $10,000 must be reported in a Currency Transaction Report. "

Return to Top
#1721654 - 07/19/12 07:57 PM Re: Interesting Article About Money Laundering BSABecky
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I like this one on the first page

U.S. Financial Action Task Force (FATF), an intergovernmental organization formed to combat money laundering.

overall a good article

CAMS

Return to Top
#1721719 - 07/19/12 10:33 PM Re: Interesting Article About Money Laundering edAudit
Retread Offline
Power Poster
Retread
Southeast
If there is one thing I have learned over the years, it is that you cannot always trust reporters to be able to get all of the facts straight. I remember a story years ago where a reporter said that a bank failed because customer loans on the bank's books exceeded the bank's assets. Think about that one. Another reporter wrote about a bank robbery where the bank was robbed because it was insured by the FDIC. Sometimes you just have to overlook the obvious errors and see if the overall story is useful. In this case, it is a pretty good article in spite of the errors.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z