Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1720121 - 07/13/12 10:43 PM Help from those that offer WEB or TEL ACH services
CMPM26 Offline
New Poster
Colorado
We currently have these options available to our customers but do not advertise or even really offer that WEB and TEL entries can be set-up with us. I have been asked by my supervisor to put together a presentation to our Electronic Bankers at our annual retreat we hold for them in August and I am not quite sure what information to provide to them.

I have done a lot of research online, but I wanted to see if any of you offer these services currently and what information you have on them or how you sell these products? Our Electronic Bankers are mainly concerned with selling these products, but they also want a clear understand of what they are.

My main objective in this presentation is to provide them with information on services that our customers could be utilizing but aren't and show them other options our business customers have through our Cash Management service.

Any information, suggestions, or advice would greatly help!!

Thank you,

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1720216 - 07/16/12 01:57 PM Re: Help from those that offer WEB or TEL ACH services CMPM26
AFaquir Offline
Platinum Poster
AFaquir
Top of the world... and never ...
The best thing I can tell you is get the NACHA book and just read the sections on WEB and TEL.

Generally WEB and TEL are just markers for your basic Consumer PPD to indicate how they were initiated and that the rules for Authorizations are followed. TEL, generally requires a verbal authorization (there is some weird element to the rule where you can provide a written in certain circumstances). WEB obviously requires a web based authorization. WEB and TEL only apply to consumer account ACH's.

If I were selling WEB and TEL, I would sell the features that it allows another delivery channel for a customer to make last minute payments. Otherwise streamlining possible "check" delays in payment and or authorization delays for standard PPD transactions.

All of the above is by no means definitive or absolute. It is just some general knowledge on ACH standard Entry Classes... and can be found in the NACHA 2012 guide itself.

Cheers!

Last edited by AFaquir; 07/16/12 01:59 PM.

MBA Fin/MBS HR

My views only!

Return to Top
#1720289 - 07/16/12 03:58 PM Re: Help from those that offer WEB or TEL ACH services CMPM26
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
It's a pretty small market of customers that can use them, and it is not going to be a selling point for 99% of treasury customers. I think this topic would be pretty short on discussion: "Hey, these are available" and what they are should be sufficient. As AFaquir says, NACHA book is a good resource. AFP might have some info, too.

Return to Top
#1720428 - 07/16/12 08:50 PM Re: Help from those that offer WEB or TEL ACH services CMPM26
CMPM26 Offline
New Poster
Colorado
Thank you, I am already using the NACHA book and other resources and just wanted to see if anyone else out there had any experience with these products and offering them to customers.

Return to Top
#1721651 - 07/19/12 07:51 PM Re: Help from those that offer WEB or TEL ACH services CMPM26
Sallaia Offline
Sallaia
Tennessee
If you're with the same vendor as us (our vendor recently added the ability for manual inputs of WEB and TEL) your customers previously could upload WEB and TEL batches if you allowed uploading of NACHA formats. This caught us by surprise when looking at some reports. None of our customers have asked for specific codes, they just want ACH.

I like to think of SEC codes not as separate products, just subcategories of ACHs. Each code has its' own rules about who the ACH is between, the purpose of the ACH, and any additional rules that go along with that particular transaction. WEB and TEL transactions are also considered a higher risk than PPD.

Return to Top
#1721720 - 07/19/12 10:40 PM Re: Help from those that offer WEB or TEL ACH services CMPM26
CMPM26 Offline
New Poster
Colorado
Thank you! In our agreement with the customer we actually specify the details of the ACH Company we are setting them up with; so they are set-up with a PPD or CCD ACH Company.

We currently list WEB and TEL on that form, however, we never receive requests to set-up an ACH Company with those SEC Codes because we haven't really talked about them with our staff who sells these products.

I think we haven't really pushed them in the past because of the risk, but we want to just let them know those options are available. So I have to provide information about these to our Retail Bankers who sell the products.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z