Thread Options
#1717978 - 07/07/12 12:38 PM CRA Reportable - Modification
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 765
If a borrower has a 60 month note and makes interest payments as agreed, then after the 60 months the bank extends the term only for another 60 months (no new money and not paying off the original note) would this (the extension in term) be CRA reportable?

I have read most all of the CRA posts with "Modification" in the subject or post but I am still unclear.

Thanks for any clarification.

Return to Top
#1719036 - 07/11/12 04:51 PM Re: CRA Reportable - Modification Tennismom
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,266
Chillin an grillin
Yes, I would consider this a renewal (renewals are treated like originations) and therefore report it.

Return to Top
#1722848 - 07/24/12 07:03 PM Re: CRA Reportable - Modification Tennismom
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,172
Further South than I wanna be.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

Return to Top
#1727462 - 08/03/12 08:43 PM Re: CRA Reportable - Modification CRAatBOK
Compliance1 Offline
Platinum Poster
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 650
Do modifications have to be done through a government program in order to get credit? I think we would only be able to qualify individual modifing a loan if they fell into the low or moderate income geographies. And is it the geography that has to be low or moderate or is it the individual has to make less than the median family income based on the census information?

Return to Top