Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1723669 - 07/26/12 03:33 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Skittles
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I recently booked a car and named my own price through Priceline for our trip to Maui. Ended up paying half of what I would have if we would have booked directly. It will be through Alamo, not sure how this will go but I did like being able to book it at a much reduced price. smile

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1723702 - 07/26/12 04:03 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Skittles
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
I have also used Priceline several times for different locations and saved a bundle. Enterprise is good, too. Hertz is usually way over-priced every time I have compared. The only bad experience I can recall was with Dollar on Oahu.

Return to Top
#1723721 - 07/26/12 04:20 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Skittles
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I've had great experiences with National. Enterprise used to be good but the last few times - not so much. I will say that Dollar stepped up to the plate after the experience my daughter had and refunded all the additional insurance the agent pressured her to buy (about $300 worth!)

I've also had good experiences with Hertz. One time, I was returning to the airport in Philadelphia and took the wrong off-ramp and wound up in a not so nice looking area. I called the number on my rental contract, they patched me through to the local branch at the airport, and the guy talked me through the directions back to the rental car drop-off. At that point, I was running late, so he had me get in the passenger seat and he drove me to the terminal to drop me off. Good thing because I just barely made my flight!

Return to Top
#1723722 - 07/26/12 04:21 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations DD Regs
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
Budget gave me an Explorer with a patched tire. Did not know tire was patched until it went flat on the way to the airport on major Interstate in Florida. Many thanks to the Hwy patrol that helped get the darn thing off.

Interesting comments about Hertz, always had good experiences with them, Enterprise too.

Return to Top
#1723747 - 07/26/12 04:51 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Comply 101
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
BTW, Enterprise car rental agency was so named because the two founders served on the USS Enterprise.

Funny story. I took my rental car back to Enterprise in June to drop it off, and my brother followed me up there. While I'm inside at the counter, my brother walks in. He doesn't acknowledge me at all. The following conversation ensues.

Brother: Is this Enterprise?
Employee (hiding his "duh" face very well): Yes, it is.
Brother: Well, is Captain Kirk here?
Employee (again masking his emotions very well): Uh no, he's not, actually.
Brother: laughs I'm just messing with you. I'm here with him.
Employee (definite sign of relief in his face): That's OK, we like it when people keep us on our toes.

Return to Top
#1723754 - 07/26/12 05:13 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Sinatra Fan
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
laugh

does your brother live in Joisey too?

Return to Top
#1723758 - 07/26/12 05:17 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Skittles
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
When I travel, it isn't to drive a cool car. I always go with the cheapest which has always been Dollar or Thifty. Never ha a problem with either agency. I always go economy or compact. Savings in rental and gas are worth te most to me.

Return to Top
#1723819 - 07/26/12 06:39 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Miscuit
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: Miscuit
laugh

does your brother live in Joisey too?

No, that brother lives in WA. He has this quiet demeanor, but you never know what he'll come out with all of a sudden.

Then again, that's true of all the brothers. smirk

Last edited by Sinatra Fan; 07/26/12 06:40 PM.

Return to Top
#1723821 - 07/26/12 06:41 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Sinatra Fan
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
hmmmmm

is he married?

how tall is he?

laugh

Return to Top
#1723824 - 07/26/12 06:43 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Skittles
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Captain Kirk

laugh laugh laugh

I nearly choked when I read that. Thank you for the laugh!!

And I agree with Dip, I go with Dollar, they are the cheapest and I've never had any problems.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1723832 - 07/26/12 06:51 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Miscuit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
hmmmmm

is he married?

how tall is he?

laugh

Does it really matter to you? shocked laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1723833 - 07/26/12 06:52 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations edAudit
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
laugh

yeah

well at least the married part smirk

Return to Top
#1723844 - 07/26/12 07:10 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Skittles
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles
Thanks for everyone's recommendations and we're very excited about this trip. Neither one of us has ever been to the Pacific Northwest. Hoping to see wildlife from the safety of my car (ha). There are mountain lions and a few grizzly bears up there which makes me nervous. Yes, I'm a little silly.

LOL--never heard of grizzlies at Rainier. You're more likely to see deer, racoons, chipmunks, mountain goats...maybe a black bear. Cougars if you're out in the woods. If you're driving up the coast do the Olympic peninsula (go to the Hoh rain forrest, Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park, Crescent Lake, Sol Duc hotsprings, check out the troll houses http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/1407 http://search.reel-scout.com/location_de...style=&int= ) Head northeast of Seattle to go to some wineries...take Hwy 2 over the North Cascades (breathtaking) and that will drop you into Winthrop (cowboy theme town). More wineries in eastern Washington, which is more desert than western Washington. Go to Leavenworth if you like Bavarian. That's always fun.

Return to Top
#1723855 - 07/26/12 07:29 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Miscuit
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
hmmmmm

is he married?

how tall is he?

laugh

Sorry, Miscuit, all my brothers are married. smile

Return to Top
#1723860 - 07/26/12 07:33 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations 'Lil Freak!
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
I agree on Leavenworth. The only other reason I went east of the Cascades was for a James Taylor concert at The Gorge at George. Absolutely fantastic concert setting!

Return to Top
#1723867 - 07/26/12 07:51 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Skittles
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Mountain goats - that would be cool. We've seen black bears in the Smokey's and although that would be neat it wouldn't be anything 'new'.

Thanks Freak and we'll check this out over the weekend. We've talked about going to the wineries a little north. One of our favorite things to do is visit wineries and sample - and of course purchase.

Return to Top
#1723910 - 07/26/12 08:50 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations 'Lil Freak!
tdogz Offline
100 Club
tdogz
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
... Go to Leavenworth if you like Bavarian. That's always fun.

+1
I went there once for a couple of days in the fall. Honestly, I mostly hung out in the beer garden here though >>> www.munchenhaus.com
Made me wish that we had some Bavarian places around here.

Return to Top
#1723924 - 07/26/12 09:14 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations tdogz
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
My car rental company of choice is National. Rented a car from them nearly every week for almost 2 years, and have never had a bad experience.

Their Seattle airport location also has Emerald Aisle service. Which basically means that you can just walk out into their lot and take any car you want (within the car class you reserved that is)

You do have to be a member of their Emerald club to do that, but you can enroll right on their website before you reserve your car.

Return to Top
#1723955 - 07/26/12 10:05 PM Re: Car Rental Recommendations Bimmer
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
My car rental company of choice is National. Rented a car from them nearly every week for almost 2 years, and have never had a bad experience.

Their Seattle airport location also has Emerald Aisle service. Which basically means that you can just walk out into their lot and take any car you want (within the car class you reserved that is)

That's one reason why I like renting from National. I got a very nice Chrysler 300 not long ago. That was certainly better than the Dodge Caliber I rented from Enterprise!

BTW - if the rental car company tries to put you in a Dodge Caliber - don't just say "No", say "Oh Heyall NO!" Seriously it's one of the worst cars on the road!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2