Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread Options
#1723861 - 07/26/12 07:33 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
**sigh**
Can't buy these new, but still...

LIKE!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1723869 - 07/26/12 07:51 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Awesome paint job! smile

Well, I guess I have the best of both worlds. 3/4 ton diesel turbo cummings and a miata.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1723882 - 07/26/12 08:16 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
rustygrizwold Offline
New Poster
Midwest
Joker, I bet that Miata will almost fit in your truck's bed.

Return to Top
#1723893 - 07/26/12 08:30 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Bankbb1, PITA
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
I want one of these!
http://www.f650pickups.com/

Just a little something that quietly says " you're on my road ". smile

I need me one of those - maybe with a gun turret added after market cool

Return to Top
#1723896 - 07/26/12 08:39 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Yeah, I've never been accused of being overly green. I have a big truck, I have motorcycles. I guess they are efficient (42-50mpg) and I am currently shopping for some sort of sports car.
I like what I like. But i'm ok with people that liike dinkymobiles. They're cute! smile

BTW PP, I think you can order one thaty way. wink

Return to Top
#1723907 - 07/26/12 08:49 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Bankbb1, PITA
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1, PITA
Yeah, I've never been accused of being overly green. I have a big truck, I have motorcycles. I guess they are efficient (42-50mpg) and I am currently shopping for some sort of sports car.
I like what I like. But i'm ok with people that liike dinkymobiles. They're cute! smile

BTW PP, I think you can order one thaty way. wink

Mythbusters did a shown on which is greener, a car or motorcycle. They tested it with motorcycles and cars from each of the last three decades. The results were surprising. The motorcycle released a great deal higher percentage of pollutants than a car of the same era.

Return to Top
#1723932 - 07/26/12 09:21 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
rustygrizwold Offline
New Poster
Midwest
This is why my wife wants me to get rid of our Land Cruiser.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/91953-mud-100-series-photos-thread-254.html
I'm addicted

Return to Top
#1723947 - 07/26/12 09:56 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
...guess I'll get on my bike and pedal my way home....trying not to get killed by carrier trucks and suburban boats.
Last edited by swiggles; 07/26/12 10:06 PM.

Return to Top
#1723961 - 07/26/12 10:15 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Just DON'T buy a Dodge Caliber. Rent one and you'll see why.

Return to Top
#1723964 - 07/26/12 10:23 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
I loooooove my 2010 Altima. I got the fully loaded version and it's been my favorite car, and I've had five Hondas, one Toyota, and one Hyundai.

The new styling on the Altima is sweet. I like the CVT in mine and it doesn't hurt that the transmission came with a 10yr, 120,000 mile warranty.

And I'm with swiggles, I love the keyless ignition. I never even get my keys out of my purse anymore. The button has spoiled me! wink

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1723979 - 07/26/12 11:05 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I love my 2005 Altima. The V-6 has lots of power, it handles great and is pretty comfortable. The Bose stereo sounds great but the radio reception is not too good since the antenna is embedded in the glass. I've had to put some $ into it over the years but it has never left me stranded. (jinx)

Return to Top
#1724056 - 07/27/12 01:14 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: rustygrizwold
Joker, I bet that Miata will almost fit in your truck's bed.

I actually think it would...I know the Smart Car would! smirk whistle

I can fit 2 Honda 420's in it. grin

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1724064 - 07/27/12 01:21 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? GuitarDude
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
I love my 2005 Altima. The V-6 has lots of power, it handles great and is pretty comfortable. The Bose stereo sounds great but the radio reception is not too good since the antenna is embedded in the glass. I've had to put some $ into it over the years but it has never left me stranded. (jinx)

The Altima SE-R is one of the most little known Baddazz sedans built! Properly tuned the V-6 (basically the same engine as the 350Z) can make about 300+ horespopwer! And for a FWD, it handles amazingly well! Altima V6's are a great bargain!

Return to Top
#1724072 - 07/27/12 01:30 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Like I said, I'm now driving a 2007 Altima. But before that, I was driving a 1999 Maxima with a V6. I loooooooved that car! It had Bose, leather seats, sun roof....all the bells and whistles that were alive in 1999. My husband and I always had to trade off replacing our vehicles because we could only afford one car payment at a time. Well....it came my turn to trade mine in and so I reluctantly got rid of my Maxima for my Altima (which I love, love, love, too). Then.....hubby had a mid-life crisis and left me for another woman. Had I known that was going to happen, I NEVER would have traded in my Maxima....would still be driving it today. It was a frikin' race car.

Return to Top
#1724120 - 07/27/12 02:13 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
rustygrizwold Offline
New Poster
Midwest
Swiggles, my wife and I have been doing the switch every other car too. It's her turn this time. We are car shopping again this weekend. I will have her test a new Altima, but we've been looking at the certified used Acuras too. I hate buying new or newer cars. Once my kids are driving, my mid life crisis car will hopefully, be a 370Z or Infiniti G370 Coupe instead of a new woman. Unless my wife finds a new man first of course.

Return to Top
#1724139 - 07/27/12 02:29 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Ha....very funny rusty. I'm glad you're not looking for a new woman and SHE BETTER NOT be finding a new man. But we'll stay off the divorce subject because after the passage of two years since divorce, I'm still pretty hurt and bitter over the split from the man I truly loved. BUT....I'm to the point of needing a male companion......any takers???????? Ha ha. Give Pale Rider some competition.

Return to Top
#1724147 - 07/27/12 02:33 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? swiggles
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
My dream car is the GT-R ....only about $97,000 for a new one.

Return to Top
#1724153 - 07/27/12 02:39 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? swiggles
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
I hear ya about the Maxima. I'm driving a 2003, fully loaded. It definitely has good giddyup! The Bose speakers are so good that I'm constantly thinking the car is making a funny sound, and then I realize that the speakers are picking up every aural nuance of the music.

My only regret was getting black leather. Way too hot in the summer.
Last edited by Sinatra Fan; 07/27/12 02:39 PM.

Return to Top
#1724158 - 07/27/12 02:42 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
True...about the black. My Maxima was tan with beige leather seats. When I was looking for a replacement, I had a choice of two 2007 Altimas on the lot ('cause they just don't stay on the lot very long!!!). One was red with black leather seats.....nice looking, but I chose a dark slate gray with gray "cloth" seats. So I DO miss my leather.

Return to Top
#1724163 - 07/27/12 02:58 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? swiggles
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
as requested
How big is your truck?
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 07/27/12 02:58 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Return to Top
#1724175 - 07/27/12 03:10 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
What kind of family doesn't have a pickup truck?

Return to Top
#1724191 - 07/27/12 03:21 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Sinatra Fan
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Sinatra Fan
I hear ya about the Maxima. I'm driving a 2003, fully loaded. It definitely has good giddyup! The Bose speakers are so good that I'm constantly thinking the car is making a funny sound, and then I realize that the speakers are picking up every aural nuance of the music.

My only regret was getting black leather. Way too hot in the summer.

Trade it in on a new one. We picked up a fully loaded 2012 a few months back. The air conditioned seats are wonderful! Especially here in FL! cool

Return to Top
#1724197 - 07/27/12 03:31 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Pale Rider
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
What kind of family doesn't have a pickup truck?

One where the pick-up truck went with the divorce. I do have a cross-over but that wasn't in the poll.

Return to Top
#1724198 - 07/27/12 03:32 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? swiggles
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Originally Posted By: swiggles
....after the passage of two years since divorce, I'm still pretty hurt and bitter over the split from the man I truly loved. BUT....

^^^Ditto^^^

Return to Top
#1724209 - 07/27/12 03:43 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Queen Mum
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
Originally Posted By: swiggles
....after the passage of two years since divorce, I'm still pretty hurt and bitter over the split from the man I truly loved. BUT....

^^^Ditto^^^

make that 3....

and what the heck is a cross over, sounds like something transgenered....

Return to Top
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9