Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#17239 - 05/08/02 11:19 PM Web page revisions
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
Help, please! I'm having one of those "junior moments". We're updating our web page, new look everything. Our marketing dept. has printed every page for me to review. My brain fade occurred when reviewing the products listed under business, ag, com'l. real estate etc. I know triggering terms apply for consumer lending advertisements, but should I be concerned on the business lending side when highlighting terms, loan amounts etc.

Thank you.

Return to Top
Marketing
#17240 - 05/09/02 02:38 AM Re: Web page revisions
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Since "Z" doesn't apply to business loans, this wouldn't be an issue unless your consumer customer could see it and be confused, believing it did apply to what they were looking for. Linked and labeled properly this shouldn't be a problem.

I would also refer you to the FTC site on advertising practices for reference.

I would also suggest reviewing your pages on your PC instead of, or in addition to the printed pages. You want to test those links and ensure they are going where you expect them to, so you can see animated GIFs and banner ads, etc.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#17241 - 05/09/02 03:32 PM Re: Web page revisions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you very much Andy! And thank you for the link, I never knew it existed - this is a good resource. BOL is new to me this year and I find it to be one of the best resources available. Everyone is to be applauded.

Thanks!
Cheryle

Return to Top
#17242 - 04/25/03 08:38 PM Re: Web page revisions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our webmaster has revised our webpage to include a link to our families with "money sense" mattters. He has divided the sections into three areas: Family, Teens and Kids. In the kids section the link is to general information about saving money, but does not offer an application nor does it request personal information about the child.
However, when you click onto the Teen section, the home page tells you that you must be at least 13 years of age or older. This link offers general information regarding homework and other items.
I guess my question revolves around COPPA. I have been looking at the regulation and cannot find anything that mentions what is the age bracket for COPPA to apply. In addition, based on the scenario provided earlier, do we have any liabilities or requirements under COPPA since we do have a link to the teens.
Please let me know.
Thanks.
Mary
However in the teen section, the first page of the

Return to Top
#17243 - 04/25/03 09:39 PM Re: Web page revisions
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

However, when you click onto the Teen section, the home page tells you that you must be at least 13 years of age or older. This link offers general information regarding homework and other items.
I guess my question revolves around COPPA. I have been looking at the regulation and cannot find anything that mentions what is the age bracket for COPPA to apply. In addition, based on the scenario provided earlier, do we have any liabilities or requirements under COPPA since we do have a link to the teens.

There are two questions on an FDIC Compliance exam under "Children's Online Privacy Protection" that need to be dealt with if you are marketing to children (seems like the link mentioned equals marketing in that you are attracting children to your site)

• A copy of documents that demonstrate that the institution participates in an FTC-approved, self-regulatory program, if applicable.
  • A copy of notice(s) to parents of the institution's practices with regard to the collection, use, and/or disclosure of a child's personal information.

Return to Top
#17244 - 04/25/03 11:54 PM Re: Web page revisions
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
COPPA defines a child as someone who is under 13, so your "teens" page is not covered so long as you announce the minimum age to play. No matter whether you are dealing with a child or not, there are no COPPA requirements unless you collect personally identifyable info from a child.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker