Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread Options
#1724213 - 07/27/12 03:44 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
It is a cross between a car and SUV. Big enough to haul stuff but still drives more like a car. Mine is the Ford Edge.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1724241 - 07/27/12 04:07 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Pale Rider
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
What kind of family doesn't have a pickup truck?

Families that own ve-HICK-els?

Return to Top
#1724247 - 07/27/12 04:10 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
No pick up truck; however we have a 2002 Ford Expedition that we used to haul things around (and a trailer when/if necessary). Don't drive it much, though.

Return to Top
#1724386 - 07/27/12 05:48 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Pale Rider
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
What kind of family doesn't have a pickup truck?
Whelp....as you know....I don't have a family. It's just me. And I'm not a truck kind of gal. Say.....would you drive up in your pick-up and help me with some things? I need to transport my metal recyling out to the metal place. I need a queen size mattress and a table and chairs brought to my house from my Mom's house and I need a table (from my house) and a king-size mattress and box springs (from Mom's house) transported to my sister's house. When can I expect you?

Return to Top
#1724392 - 07/27/12 05:58 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
holey moley Swig! that is 10 hour drive one-way! I would have to charge dinner.

Return to Top
#1724394 - 07/27/12 05:59 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
hmdagal Online
Power Poster
hmdagal
No need for a truck here. I love my little station wagon (a/k/a my old lady sports car) - it's perfect for me and my pups.

Return to Top
#1724397 - 07/27/12 06:03 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? hmdagal
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Quote:
I have a big truck, but need it for (hauling stuff)
cool

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1724401 - 07/27/12 06:05 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Pale Rider
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Pale - I don't think Swigs cares how you pay for dinner.

Return to Top
#1724404 - 07/27/12 06:06 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Pale Rider
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
holey moley Swig! that is 10 hour drive one-way! I would have to charge dinner.
Ok.....we can go to dinner. It was fun last time. And we can invite Queen Mum since we're all three in the same boat.

Return to Top
#1724406 - 07/27/12 06:06 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Skittles
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles
Pale - I don't think Swigs cares how you pay for dinner.
I don't.....as long as he pays for mine too. grin

Return to Top
#1724463 - 07/27/12 07:06 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
I just need "Man"-power help. They moved my furniture into my garage during my remodel and I'll be danged if I am going to pay them another $500 (yes, they charged me $500 to move my furniture out for me) for them to move it back in. I have a dining room with chairs only, an office without a desk and filing cabinet, bedroom furniture in my garage and my daughter's(actually it has been in her garage for a year waiting on the remodel). But it's tough being a single lady.

Return to Top
#1724471 - 07/27/12 07:13 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Queen Mum
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Queen Mum
I just need "Man"-power help. They moved my furniture into my garage during my remodel and I'll be danged if I am going to pay them another $500 (yes, they charged me $500 to move my furniture out for me) for them to move it back in. I have a dining room with chairs only, an office without a desk and filing cabinet, bedroom furniture in my garage and my daughter's(actually it has been in her garage for a year waiting on the remodel). But it's tough being a single lady.
Yes, it is. I'm pretty self sufficient...I'm in shape and I lift weights, work out, etc, but there are just things a woman can't do. And as for moving furniture, I venture to say most men can't manage the heavy stuff.

Return to Top
#1724496 - 07/27/12 07:39 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? swiggles
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Originally Posted By: swiggles
Yes, it is. I'm pretty self sufficient...I'm in shape and I lift weights, work out, etc, but there are just things a woman can't do. And as for moving furniture, I venture to say most men can't manage the heavy stuff.

I have managed with some pretty heavy stuff, but it's too big for one person. Oh, well....It's only me and if anyone comes to my house and complains they better be offering to help!

Return to Top
#1724508 - 07/27/12 07:51 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? Queen Mum
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: swiggles

I have managed with some pretty heavy stuff, but it's too big for one person. Oh, well....It's only me and if anyone comes to my house and complains they better be offering to help!
I know what you mean. For example, I can lift my lawnmower, but it's too big and awkward to lift it into my trunk. There was a really, really heavy coffee table that my x made. I actually sold it in the garage sale but the guy never came back to pick it up. Meanwhile, daughter got mad, saying she wants it. So.....BY MYSELF....I moved that coffee table to the storerooom out back by scooting it along on beach towels....scoot off one towel onto the next....move first towel to front, scoot, repeat. It nearly killed me, but I did it without a scratch to the dang table.

Return to Top
#1724516 - 07/27/12 07:55 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
the furniture moving thread is over >>>>>>>>>>>>

Return to Top
#1724519 - 07/27/12 07:58 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
You girls probabaly wouldn't have a clue what all I've done as a single female over the years. I can, generally, call up the help I need when it's an awkward heavy thing tho. But anyone needs help with those types of things. (even including towels) YOu can get pretty darn inventive sometimes. I quickly learned how to use a 'cheater second set of hands' hanging fence boards/barn boards, etc...

Anything else? Electrical, plumbing, some mechanical, etc...I get along pretty darn well. But then I'm also really, really stubborn that way. smirk

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1724523 - 07/27/12 08:03 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
know what you mean. For example, I can lift my lawnmower, but it's too big and awkward to lift it into my trunk. There was a really, really heavy coffee table that my x made. I actually sold it in the garage sale but the guy never came back to pick it up. Meanwhile, daughter got mad, saying she wants it. So.....BY MYSELF....I moved that coffee table to the storerooom out back by scooting it along on beach towels....scoot off one towel onto the next....move first towel to front, scoot, repeat. It nearly killed me, but I did it without a scratch to the dang table.

Get a Pick-up some ramps and a hand truck. problem solved.

And you do not have to take advantage of Pale Unless he want you to.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1724550 - 07/27/12 08:26 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
If you lived a little closer, I think BB1 and I would be up to task there, QM. To me, that's a lot like a good workout. smile

Return to Top
#1724557 - 07/27/12 08:29 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Thanks! I do live out in the boonies, huh? Although, did you see the headlines on the news this morning? Channel 5 was here doing interviews with kids this afternoon. Should be on the 5 & 6 news.

Return to Top
#1724584 - 07/27/12 09:02 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I had a handicap fold up really long metal ramp but I gave it to my handicapped sister so that she can roll herself out into her garage. I think I could have rolled my lawnmower into my trunk using that.

A "hand truck"....ha.....never heard it called that. I like "dolly" better.

Return to Top
#1726505 - 08/02/12 03:58 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
DaniVi Offline
New Poster
DaniVi
I bought a 2012 Accord in May. I've gotten about 450 miles to a tank. Pretty outstanding, considering I had a Mazda3 before that and got about 320 miles to a tank.
The cars got a huge backseat, plenty of options and it's not too badly priced. My cars pretty standard but it's got more bells and whistles than my Mazda (which I freakin miss like [censored] but the thing was aging badly).
Good luck.

Return to Top
#1726518 - 08/02/12 04:04 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? edAudit
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
know what you mean. For example, I can lift my lawnmower, but it's too big and awkward to lift it into my trunk. There was a really, really heavy coffee table that my x made. I actually sold it in the garage sale but the guy never came back to pick it up. Meanwhile, daughter got mad, saying she wants it. So.....BY MYSELF....I moved that coffee table to the storerooom out back by scooting it along on beach towels....scoot off one towel onto the next....move first towel to front, scoot, repeat. It nearly killed me, but I did it without a scratch to the dang table.

I moved an inflateble pool lounge....all by myself! grin

Return to Top
#1726531 - 08/02/12 04:20 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? DaniVi
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: DaniVi
I bought a 2012 Accord in May. I've gotten about 450 miles to a tank. Pretty outstanding, considering I had a Mazda3 before that and got about 320 miles to a tank.
The cars got a huge backseat, plenty of options and it's not too badly priced. My cars pretty standard but it's got more bells and whistles than my Mazda (which I freakin miss like [censored] but the thing was aging badly).
Good luck.

I can get 450 miles out of a tank but I have a 35 gallon tank.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1726542 - 08/02/12 04:25 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Quote:
....scoot off one towel onto the next....move first towel to front, scoot, repeat. It nearly killed me, but I did it without a scratch to the dang table.

Lowes, and I'm sure a few other places, sell these disks that you put under the furniture legs to slide them along the floor. There are different ones for carpet vs hardwood/tile.

Return to Top
#1726554 - 08/02/12 04:35 PM Re: Which mid-sized sedan to buy new? rustygrizwold
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
They work well except for going up steps into a house.

Return to Top
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9