Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1722932 - 07/24/12 09:23 PM CRA - training a newbee
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Any suggestions on good training seminars/webinars for someone totally new to CRA (and new to banking)? Particularly for a large bank.

Of course, I know I can give this person the reg, commentary, FAQs, Fed Reserve Guide, and the other reference material on the FFIEC website. Plus I have the 2010 BOL webinar "Community Reinvestment Act - Review & Update," as well as "Identifying and Documenting CRA Community Development Activities."

Just wondering what else might be out there that would be good.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
CRA
#1722949 - 07/24/12 10:10 PM Re: CRA - training a newbee CalifDreamin
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
It might also be good to have the newbie review CRA Performance Evaluations for peer banks. That will give him/her a good idea of what the regulators specifically look for.

Return to Top
#1722979 - 07/25/12 11:52 AM Re: CRA - training a newbee CalifDreamin
Care4RCommunity Offline
100 Club
Care4RCommunity
NJ
I don't know of anything additional from what you list except for the evaluations of other banks that are available from the FFIEC website. I think that the "spirit" of the regulation needs to be learned - not just the actual regulation. I have found that this is particularly true in the area of community development. The PEs from other institutions always allow me to dig into the examiner's thought processes.

I have never attended this, but I understand that the CRA Colloquium that Wolters Kluwer puts on is excellent. If it was on the East Coast I would attend.

Return to Top
#1723121 - 07/25/12 03:33 PM Re: CRA - training a newbee CalifDreamin
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
I have presentation materials and handouts from an Interagency CRA Workshop that could serve as a good foundation. If interested PM me with your email address and I will be happy to send them to you.

Return to Top
#1724905 - 07/30/12 06:59 PM Re: CRA - training a newbee CalifDreamin
Double U Offline
100 Club
Double U
BBN
I agree with GuitarDude. In our bank which is an intermediate small classification, my partner & I found reviewing CRA performance evaluations for peer banks were very helpful. It gave us insight as to what our examiners would be looking for specifically the community development test. I would highly recommend this practice. We also shared that with our examiners as one way we prepared ourselves for our recent CRA exam, and they agreed that it is a helpful tool to use.

Return to Top