Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 24 of 52 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 51 52
Thread Options
#1726414 - 08/02/12 02:34 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
dottiec Offline
Gold Star
You ladies might want to try the Sons of Destiny series by Jean Johnson:

Eight brothers, born in four sets of twins, two years apart to the day-they fulfill the Curse of Eight Prophecy. To avoid tempting their destiny, the brothers are exiled to Nightfall Island, a land where women are strictly forbidden. But, when the youngest of the mage-brothers rescues a woman from another universe, their world is altered forever.

There is a book for each brother. Romance and smut all rolled into one!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1726431 - 08/02/12 02:51 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler dottiec
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: dottiec

Eight brothers, born in four sets of twins, two years apart to the day-they fulfill the Curse of Eight Prophecy. To avoid tempting their destiny, the brothers are exiled to Nightfall Island, a land where women are strictly forbidden. But, when the youngest of the mage-brothers rescues a woman from another universe, their world is altered forever.

I made a note of these. They sound worth checking out! Thanks.

Return to Top
#1726455 - 08/02/12 03:18 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
::wonders how to put all these on her Amazon Wish List and NOT scare family/friends:: laugh

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1726464 - 08/02/12 03:27 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler manimal
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Add Amazon gift cards to your list then no one needs to know! wink

Return to Top
#1726467 - 08/02/12 03:29 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Originally Posted By: Okie Banker
Originally Posted By: dottiec

I made a note of these. They sound worth checking out! Thanks.

Just downloaded the free sample of Saber, the first book, on B & N. Thanks Okie!

Return to Top
#1726584 - 08/02/12 04:55 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Wonders how to stretch the birthday money to a new phone, an Itunes Giftcard and Amazon Giftcard? Uh oh. I'm going to need to collect $10 from each of you.

Return to Top
#1726646 - 08/02/12 05:56 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
laugh !

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1726701 - 08/02/12 06:52 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
CheshireAliCat Offline
100 Club
NJ
(where's the "like" button?)

Return to Top
#1726957 - 08/03/12 01:42 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler CheshireAliCat
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I started reading The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper last night. I love her sense of humor.

Return to Top
#1726967 - 08/03/12 01:53 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I'm still trying to get thru Shadow of Night.

Return to Top
#1726977 - 08/03/12 01:59 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Sarah
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: RR Sarah
I started reading The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper last night. I love her sense of humor.

That popped up in my recommendations. By the title, I figured it would either be really funny or really stupid.

Return to Top
#1726985 - 08/03/12 02:06 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: RR Becca

That popped up in my recommendations. By the title, I figured it would either be really funny or really stupid.

I've read her naked werewolf and Jane Jameson series. They're pretty good. This book is a spinoff of her Jane Jameson series.

Return to Top
#1726987 - 08/03/12 02:08 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Hmmm....something about using the word naked and the name Jameson in the same sentence......

Return to Top
#1726995 - 08/03/12 02:14 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler Queen Mum
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Well, there is a little smut but not at bow-chicka-wow-wow levels. wink

Return to Top
#1727006 - 08/03/12 02:24 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Sarah
PStateBank Offline
Gold Star
PStateBank
Texas

Are you saying it's not quite FIFTY?? grin

Return to Top
#1727030 - 08/03/12 02:41 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
Can I get some feed back... I just started reading Bared to You by Silvia Day because so many of my on-line FSOG friends keep raving so much about it...I'm on chapter 3 so far and there are SO many similarities to FSOG it's not even funny. Is this going to be worth the time or is it just a knock off of FSOG (or was FSOG a knock off of this??)

I'm really sorry if this has already been discussed previously but this thread is really long...

Return to Top
#1727053 - 08/03/12 03:04 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler PStateBank
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: PStateBank

Are you saying it's not quite FIFTY?? grin

I read Fifty but have to say that I'm not really a fan so not quite Fifty? In my book, no, they are better. wink

Return to Top
#1727055 - 08/03/12 03:06 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Based on all the hysteria on Fifty and the opinions of my book friends that have read them...I'm refusing to waste my time reading Fifty.

Return to Top
#1727073 - 08/03/12 03:22 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Jen
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Originally Posted By: RR Jen
Based on all the hysteria on Fifty and the opinions of my book friends that have read them...I'm refusing to waste my time reading Fifty.

Ditto for me.

But ladies, I do need some help!! I'm starting to panic as I'm getting to the end of the Dark Hunter series and I don't have anything lined up to read next. I'm hoping someone can help me out with another series that I've missed. I'm a really fast reader (as it appears most of you are too) so I love series because they give me something to look forward to. I've read & loved:

Black Daggar Brotherhood (my personal fave)
Dark Hunter/Were Hunter series (probably my second fav, OMG, Acheron's book!)
Lords of the Underworld
Demonica & the Riders spin off
Night Huntress/Cat & Bones & all the spin offs
Harry Dresden

I've probably missed something major along the way. I haven't read the Karen Moning series (funny that I've been reading this thread anyway), so is that a good one to start? I really like the BDB, Lords, Dark Hunter types that each book is about a different character. Any suggestions from anyone as to what I've missed? I'm very near panic mode.

Return to Top
#1727075 - 08/03/12 03:23 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler Little Miss BSA
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Little Miss BSA
Can I get some feed back... I just started reading Bared to You by Silvia Day because so many of my on-line FSOG friends keep raving so much about it...I'm on chapter 3 so far and there are SO many similarities to FSOG it's not even funny. Is this going to be worth the time or is it just a knock off of FSOG (or was FSOG a knock off of this??)

I'm really sorry if this has already been discussed previously but this thread is really long...

Which series has the earlier publication date? I can't remember offhand whether or not I've read any of her books, but I know I've been seeing Silvia Day's name around for what seems like quite a while now.

Return to Top
#1727076 - 08/03/12 03:23 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Smart. Choice. wink

(to RR Jen)
Last edited by RR Joker; 08/03/12 03:23 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1727079 - 08/03/12 03:24 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler ItNeverEnds CRCM
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: ItNeverEnds
Originally Posted By: RR Jen

Ditto for me.

But ladies, I do need some help!! I'm starting to panic as I'm getting to the end of the Dark Hunter series and I don't have anything lined up to read next. I'm hoping someone can help me out with another series that I've missed. I'm a really fast reader (as it appears most of you are too) so I love series because they give me something to look forward to. I've read & loved:

Black Daggar Brotherhood (my personal fave)
Dark Hunter/Were Hunter series (probably my second fav, OMG, Acheron's book!)
Lords of the Underworld
Demonica & the Riders spin off
Night Huntress/Cat & Bones & all the spin offs
Harry Dresden

I've probably missed something major along the way. I haven't read the Karen Moning series (funny that I've been reading this thread anyway), so is that a good one to start? I really like the BDB, Lords, Dark Hunter types that each book is about a different character. Any suggestions from anyone as to what I've missed? I'm very near panic mode.

Give the KMMs a go next. Personally, I would suggest starting with her Highlander series so you have some of the background that gets worked into the Fever series towards the end.

Return to Top
#1727083 - 08/03/12 03:28 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler RR Becca
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Here's just a few (after KMM Highlanders and Fever serie):

Kresley Cole - Immortals After Dark
Lara Adrian - Midnight Breed
Shelley Laurenston - Pride series
Katie MacAlister - Dark Ones and her Dragon series

I'm sure I have more but will have to consult my list. wink

Return to Top
#1727086 - 08/03/12 03:29 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler HRH Okie Banker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Oh, Kat Richardson's Greywalker series is also excellent urban fantasy, but the smut content is pretty much nil.
Last edited by RR Becca; 08/03/12 03:30 PM. Reason: clarification

Return to Top
#1727089 - 08/03/12 03:32 PM Re: Karen Moning's Fever Series - Need spoiler ItNeverEnds CRCM
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: ItNeverEnds
I'm very near panic mode.

No need to panic, we've got your back. wink

Return to Top
Page 24 of 52 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 51 52