BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1727830 - 08/06/12 08:31 PM Re: Gall Bladder Issues TINKerBell
Sewanee, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
TN
I had mine out when I was 16 week's pregnant, and surgery was delayed to get me that far into the pregnancy (2nd trimester better than 1st for that sort of thing). Enduring the repeated attacks was no fun, and I felt instantly better after surgery.

And, for the record, the "baby" is 19 and made Dean's List both semesters her freshman year. Obviously, she's no worse for the wear smile

Return to Top
#1728247 - 08/07/12 06:39 PM Re: Gall Bladder Issues Sewanee, CRCM
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: sewanee
I had mine out when I was 16 week's pregnant, and surgery was delayed to get me that far into the pregnancy (2nd trimester better than 1st for that sort of thing). Enduring the repeated attacks was no fun, and I felt instantly better after surgery.

And, for the record, the "baby" is 19 and made Dean's List both semesters her freshman year. Obviously, she's no worse for the wear smile

i made the dean's list several times in college...but probably not the same one your daughter made...mine was more like the one Senator Blutarsky was one...

Return to Top
#1728282 - 08/07/12 07:39 PM Re: Gall Bladder Issues TINKerBell
*W*W* Offline
Platinum Poster
My sister had hers taken out. Day surgurey as well. Two days later she was having abdominal pain. A day later the pain was bad enough she was crying and shaking. Took her to the ER. They were convinced she was constipated and gave her 2 enimas in 6-8 hours. She stayed in the ER for 2 nights with no relief. They dismissed her. She was back 2 days later still in pain. Finally, someone ordered an MRI (i think). It showed she was leaking bile into her abdominal cavity for a week from several small ducts that should have been closed off. After a second surgurey and a scar from her belly button to the side of her breast she is fine. It's been almost 2 years, she had to dramatically change her diet. I don't know what the trigger foods are for her, but it was definetely a process.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Return to Top
#1728601 - 08/08/12 03:44 PM Re: Gall Bladder Issues *W*W*
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
Originally Posted By: *W*W*
My sister had hers taken out. Day surgurey as well. Two days later she was having abdominal pain. A day later the pain was bad enough she was crying and shaking. Took her to the ER. They were convinced she was constipated and gave her 2 enimas in 6-8 hours. She stayed in the ER for 2 nights with no relief. They dismissed her. She was back 2 days later still in pain. Finally, someone ordered an MRI (i think). It showed she was leaking bile into her abdominal cavity for a week from several small ducts that should have been closed off. After a second surgurey and a scar from her belly button to the side of her breast she is fine. It's been almost 2 years, she had to dramatically change her diet. I don't know what the trigger foods are for her, but it was definetely a process.

Hence why I don't think it should be day surgery!!! geesh, they are removing a significant organ IMO. I am glad your sister is doing better but what a nightmare and exactly what I feared having this surgery. I am glad I didn't have those issues.
My newest issue right now is that my stitches under my skin are starting to push through one of the incisions. I will watch it for a day or two and see if it gets any better. oy vey.

Return to Top
#1728614 - 08/08/12 03:56 PM Re: Gall Bladder Issues J2C
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Originally Posted By: jennyfromthebloc
My newest issue right now is that my stitches under my skin are starting to push through one of the incisions. I will watch it for a day or two and see if it gets any better. oy vey.

I had that happen with a different surgery. When I went for a follow up with the surgeon he pulled it out as far as he could (ouch!) and then cut the thread off right at the skin line. It then disappeared...

Return to Top
#1728667 - 08/08/12 04:42 PM Re: Gall Bladder Issues TINKerBell
*W*W* Offline
Platinum Poster
Yeesh, jenny! Hope you get to feeling better. My sister also didn't get a 2nd opinion before doing the surgurey. Wish she had. Def not a day surgurey in my opinion.

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett