Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1729115 - 08/09/12 02:05 PM Another Interesting Structuring Case
Retread Offline
Power Poster
Retread
Southeast
This customer was warned by one bank so he took his structured deposits to several other banks.

Veterinarian Charged With Structuring

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1729148 - 08/09/12 02:46 PM Re: Another Interesting Structuring Case Retread
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
As always, where's Paul Harvey when you need him?

Maybe a hint: Reprimanded by the state in 2006 for: Misrepresentation in or connected with the practice of veterinary medicine in any of its branches; unprofessional or unethical conduct, or engaging in practices in connection with the practice of veterinary medicine which are in violation of the standards of professional conduct; conduct reflecting unfavorably upon the profession of veterinary medicine; dispensing, prescribing, or otherwise distributing any controlled substance or any other drug not in the course of the accepted practice of veterinary medicine. Emphasis added

Return to Top
#1729181 - 08/09/12 03:18 PM Re: Another Interesting Structuring Case Elwood P. Dowd
Retread Offline
Power Poster
Retread
Southeast
Paul is a little busy these days. grin

Return to Top
#1729195 - 08/09/12 03:33 PM Re: Another Interesting Structuring Case Retread
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Sometimes, I'd just love to have some printed copies of these articles and hand them to customers that do this. Because obviously, the brochures we use aren't getting the message across.

Thanks for sharing Retread.

Return to Top
#1729385 - 08/09/12 06:54 PM Re: Another Interesting Structuring Case ItNeverEnds CRCM
SunnyFL, CRCM Offline
100 Club
FL
I would love to see the letter sent to him by Regions. Does anyone send a letter of this type, and if so, how is it worded?

Return to Top
#1729390 - 08/09/12 06:57 PM Re: Another Interesting Structuring Case SunnyFL, CRCM
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I would be willing to bet that the mention of a "letter" is nothing more than a reference to the FinCEN pamphlet.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z