Thread Options Tools
#1730524 - 08/14/12 01:34 PM Overall Bank Management Information
JUST CALL ME CRA Offline
100 Club
SOMEWHERE
I have been in banking all my life and I have worked in just about every area of the bank (except trust). But I always feel like there is a layer up at the top (upper management) that I don't know enough about. I am not going to Stonier or some other school that costs thousands of dollars and takes weeks to complete. But is there a book that someone might recommend that just gives a little detail about actual management of a bank---how we make money. I understand asset liability management to a degree, but I would like to read something that gives me more insight. Any suggestions?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1730554 - 08/14/12 02:32 PM Re: Overall Bank Management Information JUST CALL ME CRA
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
If you are respected by management, and can pull it off, see if you can be secretary to some of the various committees in the bank (ALCO, loan, enterprise risk management, etc.), you would be getting valuable insight into your bank's running.

I don't know of any other way than by being part of the in-crowd.

Return to Top
#1730577 - 08/14/12 03:09 PM Re: Overall Bank Management Information JUST CALL ME CRA
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
google "bank management books". Lots of examples to choose from...

Return to Top
#1730622 - 08/14/12 04:15 PM Re: Overall Bank Management Information JUST CALL ME CRA
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Depending on the size of your bank, I would try to discuss this with someone in your banks treasury department. I have found them to be a great source of knowledge (and no one ever asks them).

CAMS

Return to Top