Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1731795 - 08/16/12 05:48 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
I wish it was a closer rescue. I am looking for 3 horses (preferably in a year but could do it now) but there is no way I could transport from there.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1731798 - 08/16/12 05:54 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
^^^candidate for your neighbor's rescues, RR Becca.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1731800 - 08/16/12 05:56 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Yeah, I already sent a PM. Don't forget about the 90 at Dancing Cloud, too.

Return to Top
#1731811 - 08/16/12 06:05 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Blade Scrapper
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: Swimware
Why do horse topics receive special protection?

Because horses aren't simply sent to a "glue factory." They are transported under inhumane conditions to foreign slaughterhouses that use ineffective methods for rendering unconsciousness before slaughter. What works on a cow or pig does NOT work on a horse. Many times, the horse is still conscious and thrashing when it is strung up by one leg and its throat slit to allow the heart to pump out the majority of the blood.

Also, horse meat is then sold to unsuspecting consumers who do not know that the animal was raised without regard to human safety and the meat is often tainted with cancer causing substances.

And I know that Chase has an obligation to its shareholders, but I do wish there was some consideration that could take place - at least to allow time for new homes to be found for the horses.

I make no apologies that I cannot be unemotional and coldhearted about this.

Return to Top
#1731816 - 08/16/12 06:07 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Dancing Cloud? Where is that?

Return to Top
#1731820 - 08/16/12 06:07 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
So what? You can make jokes about dogs, pigs, geese or cockroaches, but jokes about horses are beyond the pale? Please. I like horses as much as the next guy, but the elevation of their existence to nearly human status is ridiculous.

Return to Top
#1731830 - 08/16/12 06:14 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure RR Joker
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
Dancing Cloud? Where is that?

I may have the name wrong, but it's something Cloud. The one Mary is involved with over between Tallahassee and Thomasville.

Return to Top
#1731833 - 08/16/12 06:14 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
^^^has obviously never looked into the soul of a horse.

Seriously, dude...not one of us, to my knowledge, has made any jokes about any other animals...except maybe cockroaches, and they are not animals. Your comments are uncalled for and cruel.

Return to Top
#1731847 - 08/16/12 06:24 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: Princess Romeo

And I know that Chase has an obligation to its shareholders, but I do wish there was some consideration that could take place - at least to allow time for new homes to be found for the horses.

if we are going to ask for considerations on foreclosures, i'd much rather see it directed where people are losing their homes and families end up homeless before worrying about a horse rescue operation. Regardless of the animals involved, the lives of people are infinitely more valuable than that of any other animal.

Return to Top
#1731848 - 08/16/12 06:26 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Princess Romeo

Because horses aren't simply sent to a "glue factory." They are transported under inhumane conditions to foreign slaughterhouses that use ineffective methods for rendering unconsciousness before slaughter. What works on a cow or pig does NOT work on a horse. Many times, the horse is still conscious and thrashing when it is strung up by one leg and its throat slit to allow the heart to pump out the majority of the blood.

Also, horse meat is then sold to unsuspecting consumers who do not know that the animal was raised without regard to human safety and the meat is often tainted with cancer causing substances.

We must take the world as it is, not as we wish it to be. There are several options here.

1. Seek donations to help to shelter
2. Seek placement at other shelters and seek donations to help with relocation expenses
3. Seek donations to offset costs to euthanize rather than slaughter the horses.

In other words, rather than blame Chase for taking action they must take, you and the owners can take actions to make a bad situation worse. That is really where the responsibility lies, not with the bank.

And I make no apoligies that I cannot be illogical and irrational.

Return to Top
#1731856 - 08/16/12 06:30 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure straw
A_G Offline
10K Club
I was just going to say that I don't remember any pig jokes. At least not in the Cooler.

Return to Top
#1731863 - 08/16/12 06:34 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
umm...i recall a joke about if you were dating a pig would it be okay to eat bacon in front of it...

also remember jokes about various ethnic food and small dogs...

i have no recollection of cockroach, geese or cat jokes, but i'm certain they have occurred.

there have been more than enough jokes about chickens...

Return to Top
#1731866 - 08/16/12 06:34 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I am not saying that horses are more valuable than people. However, most families facing foreclosure aren't looking at a 36 hour trailer ride to certain death.

Return to Top
#1731870 - 08/16/12 06:36 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
no, they are looking at kids not going to school, health issues, mental issues, malnutrition, seperation of family by social services...

Return to Top
#1731873 - 08/16/12 06:42 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
It sucks in all situations. It is terrible that horses are killed and terrible that families end up broken and homeless. The outcome is not good for anyone involved, including the bank.

Return to Top
#1731884 - 08/16/12 06:49 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Absolutely...and what crosses my mind is why (and maybe they have) hasn't the rescue been looking for alternatives/not taking anything new? Foreclosure doesn't happen over night.

The animals/kids are innocent victims of unfortunate times.

RR Becca made about the best suggestion, however...euthanasia is much kinder than auction and shipping if those are the only options. Perhaps a vet out there would take care of that if necessary at cost?

Return to Top
#1731885 - 08/16/12 06:50 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I wonder if they have approached Chase about remaining there as tenants until Chase can find a buyer. It might give them time to re-locate the horses. But we all know the OCC doesn't take too kindly to doing nothing about a non-performing loan. Chase can't just sit on their hands.

Where are all the Hollywood bleeding hearts on this? Where's Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon? Let them kick a few bucks in.

Return to Top
#1731889 - 08/16/12 06:53 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
i think all their money is currently going to fund a certain presidential campaign that is hurting for funds as well...

if only emilio estevez would break into the bank and destroy all the records, freeing the mortgage holders from their obligation...oh, wait, that was just a movie...

Return to Top
#1731899 - 08/16/12 07:06 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure RR Joker
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
Absolutely...and what crosses my mind is why (and maybe they have) hasn't the rescue been looking for alternatives/not taking anything new? Foreclosure doesn't happen over night.

The animals/kids are innocent victims of unfortunate times.

RR Becca made about the best suggestion, however...euthanasia is much kinder than auction and shipping if those are the only options. Perhaps a vet out there would take care of that if necessary at cost?

I know the particular director and she has been looking for solutions. However, what doesn't help is that she was one of the rescues that Animal Control would contact for some of the more severe abuse/neglect cases. I believe that she thought she had a deal worked out with the lender but then received notification otherwise.

Return to Top
#1731903 - 08/16/12 07:13 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
The whole thing sucks, PR. No doubt about that.

Return to Top
#1731907 - 08/16/12 07:17 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
For real.

Return to Top
#1731913 - 08/16/12 07:20 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
Sho nuff.

Sorry, I had to do it.

Return to Top
#1732673 - 08/20/12 02:06 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Many banks have taken the course of least resistance and refuse to lend to churches and nonprofits.

When these loans go bad, the bank is most likely going to be described in "Scrooge" type terms.

Return to Top
#1732696 - 08/20/12 02:45 PM Re: Rescue going down to foreclosure Princess Romeo
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
hey, this thread is a prime example of that...a BOL microcosm of the world at large!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2