Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1734815 - 08/24/12 04:38 PM SCRA Verification
JBoyle Offline
I have co-borrowers on an account that are both in the military. One sent termporary change of station orders, then permanent change of station orders after the loan was originated. The DOD website has no record of either being active duty. What is the protocol for changing the rate without being able to validate active duty status? Does change of station really mean "active duty"? They were in the military at the time the loan was made.

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#1734985 - 08/24/12 07:29 PM Re: SCRA Verification JBoyle
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I'm a little confused. On the one hand, you say they were in the military at the time the loan was made. But on the other hand, you say you are unable to validate active duty status. That seems contradictory.

At any rate, if they were already in the military on active duty at the time the loan was made, they are not eligible for rate relief on the loan, period. Change of station has no bearing on rate relief. Change of station and call to active duty orders are not the smae thing.

Return to Top
#1735000 - 08/24/12 07:43 PM Re: SCRA Verification JBoyle
JBoyle Offline
Thanks. I have been told in the past that the DOJ could consider any change of station to be a "renewal" of active duty status, even if the customer has been in the mility for 10 years. Then, the rate would be adjusted to the COS date. I understand, however, that if the paystubs at funding are military, they do not qualify for the rate reduction unless they leave the military and return later during the life of the loan.

Return to Top
#1735067 - 08/24/12 08:46 PM Re: SCRA Verification JBoyle
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Being reassigned duty stations, I know it as PCS (Permanent Change of Station) does not in itself indicate reenlistment.

I would seek further verification if they are entitled to benefits or you are taking collection action against them. One thing might be their address and the postmark of correspondence they're sending you.

I was working on materials earlier today for an SCRA webinar I have in Sept. I was adding about 4 people in Texas who stole $1.6 million and this fraud included creating fake orders and getting SCRA relief when it wasn't due.

http://calendar.bollearningconnect.com/main.php?view=event&eventid=1343659127766
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z