Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1734527 - 08/23/12 08:56 PM High Risk monitoring
Karen L Offline
100 Club
Somewhere over the rainbow...
In the past I have done an excel spreadsheet for my high risk monitoring and now that I have an automated system I would like to use that. I have Patriot Officer and have been playing around with the Risk Management Module.

Are there any users out there that have good ideas and insight on the best way to use this module? It has a lot of good qualities and I am ideally looking to cut down on time and have a better output than my excel spreadsheet. thoughts??

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1734533 - 08/23/12 09:05 PM Re: High Risk monitoring Karen L
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
We moved the other way and are now using a spread sheet due to the OCC telling us they didn't like my way of using automation. Good luck and make sure you can generate a report showing periodic reviews. My daily reviews didn't seem to matter to them.

Return to Top
#1734862 - 08/24/12 05:48 PM Re: High Risk monitoring Karen L
C.A.L. Offline
C.A.L.
Far Far Away
I have been a PO user for a while now and have never used the Risk Management Module. However, I am having someone come out in a few weeks to do some training on that as well as other aspects of Patriot Officer that we are not currently utilizing. I will be more than happy to share what I learn as soon as the training is completed. I know this does not help you now but its the best I can do. smile

Return to Top
#1734886 - 08/24/12 06:14 PM Re: High Risk monitoring Karen L
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
If anyone has a good example of a HRM spreadsheet, I'd be interested. What we're required to do is to cut/paste cash activity screens from Yellow Hammer onto a spreadsheet. There must be an easier way...

Thanks.

Return to Top
#1734907 - 08/24/12 06:31 PM Re: High Risk monitoring C.A.L.
Karen L Offline
100 Club
Originally Posted By: C.A.L.
some training on that as well as other aspects of Patriot Officer that we are not currently utilizing. I will be more than happy to share what I learn as soon as the training is completed.

I would love to compare notes with you. I did the on the phone training but would love to know what you find out. I know they have to have a good way to handle it!

Return to Top
#1735252 - 08/27/12 01:12 PM Re: High Risk monitoring Karen L
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
Karen L and C.A.L. We've utilized the Risk Management module in Patriot Officer for two years, now; examiners and auditors seem to like what they see. Our process also includes a regression analysis (very easy) to determine what customers we should conduct a risk review on, based on the modeling results. Would be happy to answer any questions.

Return to Top
#1735260 - 08/27/12 01:25 PM Re: High Risk monitoring Cape Codder
Karen L Offline
100 Club
Originally Posted By: Cape Codder
Our process also includes a regression analysis (very easy) to determine what customers we should conduct a risk review on, based on the modeling results. Would be happy to answer any questions.

I would be interested in any insight you have on the process. Did you go to extra training or have someone come in to get the process started?

Return to Top
#1735268 - 08/27/12 01:43 PM Re: High Risk monitoring Karen L
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
Originally Posted By: Karen L
Originally Posted By: Cape Codder
Our process also includes a regression analysis (very easy) to determine what customers we should conduct a risk review on, based on the modeling results. Would be happy to answer any questions.

I would be interested in any insight you have on the process. Did you go to extra training or have someone come in to get the process started?

A former GlobalVision trainer (who lived somewhat nearby spent some time with us, but other than the need to set up Risk Modeling Rules, the rest is relatively easy. We run the module quarterly, just prior to running our monthly SAR batch, so that the updated risk ratings impact the order of the potential cases in the SAR batch. If you'd like more info, please send me a PM with your contact info.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z