Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1735478 - 08/27/12 07:07 PM CFPB proposed new combination disclosures
newyork Offline
Gold Star
Will the new CFPB proposed comibnationof RESPA and regulation Z apply to all institutions ruled under FDIC? or is there only certain financial institutions that must follow the new disclosures?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1735482 - 08/27/12 07:09 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures newyork
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
....applies to all financial institutions. The size of the institution, though, determines who will examine for compliance.....cfpb, fdic, frb or occ.

Return to Top
#1735501 - 08/27/12 07:31 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures newyork
newyork Offline
Gold Star
okay, to understand clearly, the new disclosures will apply to ALL financial institutions, regardless who the examiners are?

Return to Top
#1735510 - 08/27/12 07:37 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures newyork
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
Right - same as before.

The regulations were (for the most part) Fed Reserve regulations and you had to adhere to them even if you were FDIC or OCC

Return to Top
#1735656 - 08/28/12 01:08 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures Rocky P
Southern gal Offline
Platinum Poster
TN
What is the effective date for the proposed combined disclosures?

Return to Top
#1735685 - 08/28/12 01:42 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures newyork
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Comments aren't due until November (except for a couple of sections, comments for which are due in October)....so it's long way off.

Return to Top
#1735831 - 08/28/12 05:01 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures newyork
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
For clarity sake, the deadline for the comments are November for most and September 7 for a few very important sections.

Return to Top
#1735859 - 08/28/12 05:29 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures Need Coffee
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Oh sorry....I can't read my own notes....yes....September 7th (not October!!) for 1026.1(c) and 1026.4. The rest of Reg Z and the RESPA amendments.....November 6th.

Return to Top
#1736413 - 08/29/12 08:10 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures newyork
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The Bureau has a "drop dead date" for finalizing the regulation in January 2013. If it fails to meet that date, the requirements of Title XIV of Dodd-Frank will become effective without the regulation -- something that no one wants to see.

When the final rule is issued, the Bureau may insert a future mandatory compliance date up to a year later.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1736704 - 08/30/12 03:59 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures John Burnett
MN Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: John Burnett
The Bureau has a "drop dead date" for finalizing the regulation in January 2013. If it fails to meet that date, the requirements of Title XIV of Dodd-Frank will become effective without the regulation -- something that no one wants to see.

When the final rule is issued, the Bureau may insert a future mandatory compliance date up to a year later.

This was always my understanding too, but then I read this in the proposal and now I'm confused (page 51145 of Federal Register, 3rd column):

"There is no statutory deadline for issuing final rules to integrate the mortgage disclosures under TILA and RESPA, and the Bureau expects that it may take some time to conduct quantitative testing of the forms prior to issuing final rules."

I feel like I must be reading that wrong, but to me it says they don't have to have the final rules for the disclosures issued by January. But, that is inconsistent with everything else I've read so now I have no idea.

Return to Top
#1736714 - 08/30/12 04:08 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures newyork
mtngrrl Offline
Gold Star
mtngrrl
Northern California
I thought I understood that the Bureau plans to issue "temporary exemption" rules for several issues that have a drop dead date in January, in order to allow them a little more time.

Return to Top
#1736847 - 08/30/12 06:48 PM Re: CFPB proposed new combination disclosures newyork
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There is no "drop dead date" for the combined disclosures as there is with other sections of the regulatory changes. All they were required to do was issue proposed rules within a year of the transfer date. See Section 1032(f) of the DFA.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z