Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#1736327 - 08/29/12 06:02 PM Offering Credit Cards
OliverQ Offline
The bank I previously worked for stated in their documents that per Reg B, a credit card could not be offered to a customer who already had a credit card with the bank. We are getting ready to have our bankers offer them at deposit account opening and I want to make sure we are in compliance. Thinking about it, I wouldn't think that Reg B would cover that but rather Reg Z. I am having trouble finding it. I would like to provide the bankers with any regulatory rules out there on what they can and cannot do when offering credit cards, like the one mentioned above if it exists, or age limitations. Can you offer any guidance?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#1736391 - 08/29/12 07:36 PM Re: Offering Credit Cards OliverQ
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
That is a bank policy.

Look at Capital One, or some of the larger co-branded vendors Citi, BoA, etc. You have a bank card with them directly and get solicited by your school, organization, museum, etc. for a (Visa, MC) with their logo - issued by the same bank. IMHO, it could be possible to have several different cards by the same lender.

Return to Top
#1736445 - 08/29/12 08:59 PM Re: Offering Credit Cards OliverQ
OliverQ Offline
Okay. I love the way they had it under the heading per Reg B smile That would be why I couldn't find anything on it!

Return to Top
#1736446 - 08/29/12 08:59 PM Re: Offering Credit Cards OliverQ
OliverQ Offline
Thank you Southern Banker!

Return to Top