Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1740000 - 09/12/12 10:06 AM FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) will hold an informational Webinar on Tuesday, September 18, 2012, to discuss the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) E-Filing Process and Filing Instructions for FinCEN’s new Suspicious Activity Report (SAR). More information is available at http://fincen.gov/news_room/nr/html/SAR_Webinar_announcement.html

FinCEN also will hold an informational Webinar on Tuesday, October 2, 2012, to discuss the BSA E-Filing Process and Filing Instructions for FinCEN’s new Currency Transaction Report (CTR) and Designation of Exempt Person (DOEP) report. More information is available at http://fincen.gov/news_room/nr/html/CTR_DOEP_Webinar_announcement.html

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1740110 - 09/12/12 03:02 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Originally Posted By: Fincen
Thank you for your interest in this webinar. Unfortunately, the maximum allowable number of participants has been reached, and registration is now closed. FinCEN will make a recorded version of this webinar available on its website shortly after the broadcast presentation.

At least there will be a recorded version, would be nice if it was comprehensive enough to use to train staff, but I'd guess not.

Return to Top
#1740158 - 09/12/12 04:22 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Which one did you try to sign up for, Matt?
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1740163 - 09/12/12 04:34 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
Both links give me the same message about them being full, through here and on the FinCEN site itself.

Return to Top
#1740170 - 09/12/12 04:42 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
I registered yesterday for the SAR one, immediately after I read the email. smile

Return to Top
#1740228 - 09/12/12 05:46 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Well, the beauty of pulling down the webinar after the event is that you can time-shift your viewing to when YOU want to listen.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1741772 - 09/18/12 05:16 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Well, it certainly was a waste of time signing up. When I went to join the webinar just now, I received a message that 'the session is full. Please contact the organizer.' crazy

I guess I will be joining in on the recorded version.

Return to Top
#1741789 - 09/18/12 05:30 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP califgirl
travelgirl Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
Same here. A bit frustrating to go through the exercise of registering only to be told it's full - of course there was a disclaimer in the fine print that "registration does not guarantee room to participate so call in early..."

Would have been fine just listening in if they had provided a way to access handouts but there is no way to ask if these are available any place. I hope the recorded session will allow listeners to "see" what they are reviewing or it won't be helpful. I'm trying to listen in but finding it difficult to learn much because I can't see what they are talking about....UGH!

Return to Top
#1741821 - 09/18/12 06:10 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
BSA all the way Offline
BSA all the way
I got in but couldnt understand half of what they said. The audio was so awful, so I guess I will wait for the recorded (haha) version.

Return to Top
#1741837 - 09/18/12 06:27 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I thought it was OK, there was some useful information. I do wish I could get a copy of the presentation.

Return to Top
#1742106 - 09/19/12 02:30 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP E.E.G.B
Cape Codder Offline
Gold Star
I also found the review helpful. They indicated that the presentation, including the Q&A's will be added to the FinCEN website shortly.

Return to Top
#1742145 - 09/19/12 04:02 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
NLC Offline
Gold Star
Center of US
I thought that it was helpful but their instructions to finding things were as clear as mud. They did say that the power point would be out on the website in a few days. The audio was not the best so don't know how the recorded version will be.

Return to Top
#1742258 - 09/19/12 06:39 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
I found it helpful. I printed out a blank SAR and wrote on it as they explained things.
They sent an email twice saying to log in early because it was overbooked. We signed in at 12:30. Our co-workers didn't and have to wait for the recording.
I think they said the power point slides would be available to download.

Return to Top
#1742414 - 09/19/12 10:51 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
The recorded version is still not up on the website. At least not where I can find it. I wonder how long there definintion of 'shortly after' is.

If anyone finds it online, please post a link. smile

Return to Top
#1744978 - 09/27/12 08:08 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP bOaty
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
I was unable to attend the session last week and I just looked for the recorded session on FinCEN's website but couldn't find it. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Return to Top
#1745179 - 09/28/12 03:13 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Deena
travelgirl Offline
100 Club
Minnesota
I looked today and couldn't find it either. One would think if it were available it would be readily visible. I wonder what their definition of shortly is?

If anyone finds it, could you post a link to this thread?

Return to Top
#1745182 - 09/28/12 03:18 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP travelgirl
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Sure. As the "live" broadcast was promoted, my guess is they will waste no time sending out an e-mail when the recording is available.

Return to Top
#1745222 - 09/28/12 03:57 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
MidwestCFE Offline
Platinum Poster
MidwestCFE
wish it was the Smoky Mountain...
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought the audio was terrible. I missed half the words. Just like the government !

Return to Top
#1745965 - 10/02/12 07:31 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP MidwestCFE
SunnyFL, CRCM Offline
100 Club
FL
Well the recording is finally "out there". Anyone else having trouble launching it? Message: "Unable to connect to media server."

Return to Top
#1746239 - 10/03/12 04:19 PM Re: FinCEN to Hold Webinars on New SAR, CTR, and DOEP Elwood P. Dowd
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
I had the same problem. Thought it was only me since no one else posted it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z