Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1742198 - 09/19/12 05:27 PM CTR acknowledgements-discrete filing
CompliKat Offline
CompliKat
Just curious...after discrete filing CTRs, does everyone open each acknowledgement and save it individually? I was looking at just importing the csv from the tracking page since it shows all the information that would be included on the acknowledgement to include the DCN. In times past I could always see if there was an error on the track status page and deal with it. The time it takes me to select and open each of the acknowledgements and save them can be ridiculous and I was looking for a quicker process.
Also, does it not show "Acknowledged Error" on the track status page anymore?
Any one else frustrated by this?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1742251 - 09/19/12 06:30 PM Re: CTR acknowledgements-discrete filing CompliKat
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
We save the individual acknowledgement in the folder of whoever submitted (there are only two of us) and the tracking sheet which shows all that info.
During an OCC exam, I had to prove it had been acknowledged. Additionally, page 2 in General Specifications for Electronic Filing of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Reports states: "the filer must retain any acknowledgement files received to facilitate inquires..." for 5 years. I take that to mean the form and not the tracking status sheet, but we are doing both, just in case.

Return to Top
#1742252 - 09/19/12 06:31 PM Re: CTR acknowledgements-discrete filing CompliKat
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
Maybe you haven't had any errors to acknowledge?

Return to Top
#1742274 - 09/19/12 06:56 PM Re: CTR acknowledgements-discrete filing CompliKat
CompliKat Offline
CompliKat
Well, I was hoping that I could cut out the drain on time. Sigh!!! And as of late I haven't really had any errors, but I spend a lot of time on the front end verifying things. I imagine batch filing would be more efficient, we file an average of 240 CTRs monthly. The way things are set up now, it just doesn't work. We have purchased Patriot Officer, but it has been MONTHS and we still aren't up and running (our processor won't let them access the data so we are having to build an extract and download it to the server so they can test the data. there are so many kinks to work out that I'm terribly dismayed!)
(oh, btw... We use...Branch Connect Teller Suite, Harland Deposit Pro, Fidelity Horizon, FISC is our processor...)I'm hoping all this will work with Patriot Officer?
Sorry just feeling bogged down...

Return to Top
#1742522 - 09/20/12 02:07 PM Re: CTR acknowledgements-discrete filing CompliKat
BFrame Offline
Gold Star
BFrame
USA
We also open each acknowledgement and save it. But we only submit between 30-60 CTRs each month.

It does sound like you'd be a good candidate for batch filing.

I hope things get better!

Return to Top
#1742657 - 09/20/12 06:25 PM Re: CTR acknowledgements-discrete filing CompliKat
banker1976 Offline
Gold Star
Mid-Atlantic
As a discrete filer for the past 7 years, I have never opened each individual acknowledgement. Click on the "Track Status" near the top of the selections on the left and it will tell you the status of CTR's reported and say Acknowledged. It will say "Acknowledged Error" if any filed forms have an error and you can click from the same screen to determine the error.

I do however download the Track Status report on a monthly basis into an Excel Spreadsheet should we ever need to amend a form; and it also provides documentation that forms were Acknowledged, error or not.

Return to Top
#1742692 - 09/20/12 07:19 PM Re: CTR acknowledgements-discrete filing CompliKat
ComplianceGurl, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
I do the same as banker1976. We have been discrete filing for the past 7 years as well. Never a problem with examiners in not saving each individual acknowlegdment. In fact, I have never been asked for it. I did have to file a correction once and I called FinCEN since I didn't have the DCN number. I was told to just enter all zero's.

Return to Top
#1742893 - 09/21/12 01:45 PM Re: CTR acknowledgements-discrete filing CompliKat
Indy Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
We do not open the individual acknowledgements but import the track status report into a CSV file and retain.

Return to Top
#1743018 - 09/21/12 04:34 PM Re: CTR acknowledgements-discrete filing CompliKat
CompliKat Offline
CompliKat
bike4life, have you had any trouble with examiners with this practice? This is exactly what I was hoping to do.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z