Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#174265 - 03/29/04 03:49 PM HMDA Signage
Bear Collector, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
Bear Collector, CRCM
District of Columbia
Does the HMDA lobby signage need to be changed to add the term "ethnicity"?
For example -
"The data show geographic distribution of loans and applications; [ethnicity] race, gender, and income of applicants and borrowers; and information about loan approvals and denials."
If the signage must be changed, by what date? I heard that it had to be changed by March 2005, but I am not too sure about my source of information.
Thanks,
BC

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#174266 - 03/29/04 03:56 PM Re: HMDA Signage
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Technically the sign should have been up by 1/1/04, but there has been discussion in other threads that people have spoken with their regulators and were told the 3/05 date and others the 1/1/04 date.

I would advise talking with your examiners. FWIW we had the new sign in place on 1/2/04.

Return to Top
#174267 - 03/29/04 03:58 PM Re: HMDA Signage
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Yes, the new signs I believe have to be up now, and they did add the word ethnicity right after the word applications. I thought they needed to be up by April 1 but that could be wrong too! I know we ordered our new ones in February as we have an audit coming up!!!

Return to Top
#174268 - 03/29/04 04:20 PM Re: HMDA Signage
Andy_Z Online
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The technical answer is the new notice should be up. The "useful" answer is that it doesn't apply yet.

My recommendation in this thread is to slightly amend the text so that you a) conform to the regulatory requirement, b) inform the reader that all data may not yet be available and c) don't have to worry about changing it multiple times, or for that matter worry about changing it again at all.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z