Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1746276 - 10/03/12 05:05 PM Mexican Nationals and Visa / Passport Requirements
CantBeShocked Offline
Gold Star
MS
Does a Mexican national have to have a Visa to travel to the US? We have periodically had people with a Mexican Passport attempt to open accounts at our bank who say that they DO NOT have a Visa.

Thanks.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1746282 - 10/03/12 05:09 PM Re: Mexican Nationals and Visa / Passport Requirements CantBeShocked
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey

Return to Top
#1746289 - 10/03/12 05:15 PM Re: Mexican Nationals and Visa / Passport Requirements CantBeShocked
CantBeShocked Offline
Gold Star
MS
Well - waiving Visa's just muddies the water.

I read that that the only ones who can enter are those visiting for less than 90 days. I have them coming in with ITINs who are WORKING here - obviously for more than 90 days.

Return to Top
#1746392 - 10/03/12 07:56 PM Re: Mexican Nationals and Visa / Passport Requirements CantBeShocked
NotDoneYet Offline
Gold Star
NotDoneYet
PA
Our bank's Mexican Nationals, who work seasonally in our area, have unexpired passports and SS cards for work purposes.
I think we have one NRA with a VISA and a Homeland Security SS card issued for work purposes only, but I'd have to check that info for sure. The VISA is valid for a short period of time.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z