Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1747626 - 10/09/12 04:28 PM Loan Review Findings
Cale_N_Oats Offline
Platinum Poster
Cale_N_Oats
Southern Illinois
Needing some advice on how to proceed. I do a quarterly audit of loans for the bank and then report my findings to the Board. We have a Loan Officer who could resolve some of the findings on his loans but has yet to do so. I have talked to him several times about resolving them and he always says "he will get on it ASAP". So, do I re-report the unresolved exceptions to the Board? Do I let the Board handle it? Do I ask his manager to help me out with getting these things resolved?

Return to Top
Audit
#1747634 - 10/09/12 04:34 PM Re: Loan Review Findings Cale_N_Oats
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
All of the above.

Return to Top
#1747635 - 10/09/12 04:34 PM Re: Loan Review Findings Cale_N_Oats
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
If I have troubles getting someone to do something, I will usually go to the manager first. If that doesn't work, I will report to the Board that the exceptions were not fixed and the reason why. It shows the Board you do find the errors and try to fix them.

Return to Top
#1747884 - 10/10/12 12:09 PM Re: Loan Review Findings Cale_N_Oats
Banker Offline
100 Club
Southeastern US
I track all of our audit/exam findings on a spreadsheet. I have the estimated completion date included by those items. This report is submitted to the Audit Committee as part of our meetings each time we meet. If someone has not fixed an item by the estimated completion date, then it shows as past due. I bring all past due items to the Audit Committee's attention. Our management team also attends our meetings so it normally gets them on the ball as far as getting with whomever needs to get going on a particular item. I don't know if this process would work for you in your institution as we are pretty small.

Return to Top
#1747947 - 10/10/12 02:32 PM Re: Loan Review Findings Cale_N_Oats
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I always have a section in my monthly report for "Unresolved" findings. In a situation like this, I'd not only put the unresolved findings, but also my attempts to work with the Officer and the Officer's responses. Management has little patience for a broad response like "I'll do this ASAP". They want timeframes for a resolution, much like MJoyner mentioned.

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z