Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1749270 - 10/15/12 04:28 PM New FinCEN SAR Form
AMLMGR Offline
Are any banks out there filing with the new SAR form yet? We are in the process of testing our new system for it and are debating the field PRIOR REPORT DOC NUMBER. The only way to obtain this number is to dig into a text file in the FinCEN acknowledgement email. I'm interested to know what other banks are doing, or planning on doing, with this field. You are allowed, per FinCEN guidance, to fill this field with 0's if you don't have that number.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1749271 - 10/15/12 04:32 PM Re: New FinCEN SAR Form AMLMGR
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:
You are allowed, per FinCEN guidance, to fill this field with 0's if you don't have that number.

That's true, but that only works when the original SAR you are correcting, amending, or continuing was filed on paper. If your bank filed the original electronically it will be apparent to FinCEN, your regulator, and any third party reviewer that you do have the number.

Return to Top
#1749776 - 10/17/12 11:36 AM Re: New FinCEN SAR Form AMLMGR
CompliKat Offline
CompliKat
We use the new SAR. As for the DCN, we download the "Track Status" page as a CSV and save it to a spreadsheet. When a DCN is needed it is much easier to find it this way as the SAR filing name is included.

Return to Top
#1749803 - 10/17/12 01:03 PM Re: New FinCEN SAR Form AMLMGR
ComplianceGurl, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
I file electronically and had to re-file and did not keep the DCN's. When I called FinCEN I was told no problem, just enter zero's.

Return to Top
#1749984 - 10/17/12 06:17 PM Re: New FinCEN SAR Form ComplianceGurl, CRCM
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I'm not certain you got the official response to that, but I'll wager your regulator will say the DCN is part of the form and subject to its 5 year recorde retention requirement.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z