BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1751099 - 10/22/12 04:15 PM Corporate Check converted to a Remotely Created Ck
Purex Offline
100 Club
South
Scenario:
Lawyer (our customer) writes a check from his Iolta account to a specific company, another company converts the check to a Remotely Created Check that is made payable to someone else, (which happens to also be a law firm) and for a signature has language that states "This draft authorized by your despositor no signature required." Needless to say our customer is furious, as I would probably be also. This check cleared on Friday night processing, so I still am within the return time frame of 24 hours. Do I simply return the check unauthorized since our customer has relayed to us he did not authorize this item, if so do I have our customer fill out anything? Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1751100 - 10/22/12 04:18 PM Re: Corporate Check converted to a Remotely Created Ck Purex
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
If you are still within your midnight deadline when you read this, by all means return the item as "unauthorized" and you won't need any sort of affidavit or other documentation to do so.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1751144 - 10/22/12 06:06 PM Re: Corporate Check converted to a Remotely Created Ck Purex
Purex Offline
100 Club
South
John
We are within our midnight deadline, I thank you so much. I guess I just needed another opinion before I made that call. Mondays are so grand.......

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett