Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#175236 - 03/31/04 03:49 PM COCHA Warnings
Rangers Fan Offline
Gold Star
Rangers Fan
Has anyone noticed that one of the COCHA warning e-mails sent out last week was a "law enforcement search for accounts" and it asked if the suspected folks were customers to call the FBI agent with the name, address, account number and type of account so they could issue a supboena. Isn't merely divulging the fact that these folks bank with you a violation of financial privacy? I understand that law enforcement can request this information, but I didn't think this was the forum or the format where they could do this. Where is the certification of compliance and am I missing an exception somewhere?

Return to Top
#175237 - 04/02/04 09:30 PM Re: COCHA Warnings
Anonymous
Unregistered

Responding to COCHA Alerts is strictly voluntary. Here's a link to the Oklahoma Statutes. Chapter 6 covers the Financial Privacy Act. Section 2205, Paragraph C states: "Nothing in the Financial Privacy Act prohibits a financial institution from notifying a government authority that such institution or an officer, employee or agent of such institution has information that may be relevant to a possible violation of any statute or regulation." If you have concerns regarding the COCHA Alerts please give us a call at 405.232.6522 or toll free at 866.279.2249.

Return to Top
#175238 - 04/05/04 04:12 PM Re: COCHA Warnings
Rangers Fan Offline
Gold Star
Rangers Fan
Sharon-Thanks for the Security Alert System procedures you e-mailed me. This is great information and I feel much better now-Thanks!

Return to Top