Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1752326 - 10/25/12 03:11 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Oh gosh, I guess I need to plan for that.

I've been elected to host because of the commercial range in our new digs. I can bake a turkey and a ham at the same time in one oven and still have a whole other oven free for the sides and 6 burners. Oh, and there's a griddle too, still haven't used it though.

I've no idea yet what in the world to cook. With so much available space to do it in, it seems like I need to throw out this ginormous spread. This year, I feel like making a frozen dinner!! laugh

Last edited by bOatn Shasta; 10/25/12 03:12 PM.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1752338 - 10/25/12 03:21 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
MsFaye Offline
The Dakotas
Since our gatherings are very small, we serve duck instead of turkey.

Return to Top
#1752340 - 10/25/12 03:23 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Thanks EGB. It sounds really good and is really easy. I may do that for our next dinner get together grin

Return to Top
#1752346 - 10/25/12 03:25 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? bOaty
VWgirl21 Offline
100 Club
The Bluegrass
Originally Posted By: bOatn Shasta

I've been elected to host because of the commercial range in our new digs. I can bake a turkey and a ham at the same time in one oven and still have a whole other oven free for the sides and 6 burners. Oh, and there's a griddle too, still haven't used it though.

I've no idea yet what in the world to cook. With so much available space to do it in, it seems like I need to throw out this ginormous spread. This year, I feel like making a frozen dinner!! laugh

I want your kitchen!

Return to Top
#1752351 - 10/25/12 03:27 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Hey, good looking,
Whacha got cooking?
How about cooking something up with me?????

grin

Return to Top
#1752358 - 10/25/12 03:35 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
My family is doing the traditional type Thanksgiving, but I'm going to add a few new things. I'm on a strict diet and have to be cautious about certain foods.

The one thing I'm looking forward to trying is a cauliflower casserole. You make it like mashed potatoes and mix in some cream cheese and garlic powder, then put it in a baking dish and sprinkle with black pepper, sea salt, and parmesan cheese and bake it all. Thinking it'll be a good alternative to mashed potatoes since I can't have those.

Return to Top
#1752360 - 10/25/12 03:37 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
That sounds yummy!

Return to Top
#1752367 - 10/25/12 03:42 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? VWgirl21
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: VWgirl21
What is perverted rice?

The real, burning question.....

Return to Top
#1752389 - 10/25/12 04:05 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
The mushroom rice sounds good, but I don't eat mushrooms. Any thoughts about subbing either black olives or green peppers, or both?

For the first time in a long time, I'm not cooking for thanksgiving this year. We're going to a wonderful sounding buffet instead.

Return to Top
#1752393 - 10/25/12 04:16 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? bOaty
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami

Not gonna lie that got me quite excited LOL - sounds like my dream kitchen!!!!

Return to Top
#1752420 - 10/25/12 05:36 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? E.E.G.B
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Chateaubriand and Lobster tail. My family stopped doing the turkey thing 15 years ago.

Oh and wine. Lot's and lot's of spectacular wine!

smile

Return to Top
#1752421 - 10/25/12 05:38 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
::checks gps for Bimmer's, packs bags, gets ready to join them for TG day. Will even bring 2 bottles of great Italian wines::

Return to Top
#1752427 - 10/25/12 05:50 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Originally Posted By: Sunny Bunny
::checks gps for Bimmer's, packs bags, gets ready to join them for TG day. Will even bring 2 bottles of great Italian wines::

You're welcome to join us SunnyBunny! And if you come and few days early, you're welcome to be a guest at my wedding the weekend before TG as well! smile

Return to Top
#1752428 - 10/25/12 05:52 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Busy Bee, CRCM
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Originally Posted By: Busy Bee, CRCM
My family is doing the traditional type Thanksgiving, but I'm going to add a few new things. I'm on a strict diet and have to be cautious about certain foods.

The one thing I'm looking forward to trying is a cauliflower casserole. You make it like mashed potatoes and mix in some cream cheese and garlic powder, then put it in a baking dish and sprinkle with black pepper, sea salt, and parmesan cheese and bake it all. Thinking it'll be a good alternative to mashed potatoes since I can't have those.

Can i get that recipe? sounds yummy! just be careful with the cauliflower- it has ALOT more water in it then potatoes do, so make sure when you mash them you drain them REALLY REALLY well. I throw stalks of cauliflower in with my potatoes when I'm making real mashed potatoes. gets an extra veggie in there, and I like my potatoes smooth. I have several friends who make straight mashed cauliflower all the time.

Return to Top
#1752430 - 10/25/12 05:55 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Bimmer
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Originally Posted By: Bimmer
Originally Posted By: Sunny Bunny

You're welcome to join us SunnyBunny! And if you come and few days early, you're welcome to be a guest at my wedding the weekend before TG as well! smile

smile

Thanks Bimmer!

Return to Top
#1752550 - 10/25/12 08:45 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Little Miss BSA
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Originally Posted By: Little Miss BSA

Not gonna lie that got me quite excited LOL - sounds like my dream kitchen!!!!

Gotts admit, it is pretty dreamy. And it's mine all mine....as long as I keep paying the rent. crazy I'm not sued to being a tenant.

Return to Top
#1752566 - 10/25/12 08:58 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? E.E.G.B
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
E.G.B. - for the mushroom rice, are the beef broth and French onion soup small (e.g., Campbell's) cans or bigger (e.g., Progresso) cans?

Return to Top
#1752587 - 10/25/12 09:38 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I used Swansons broth and Campbell's FO soup.

Return to Top
#1752593 - 10/25/12 09:43 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
My daughter will probably end up at her in-laws and my son with his in-laws. So that just leaves me. Last year I was invited to bother places. If not, then my church cooks a community Thanksgiving dinner for people with no family or no where to go so I could help with that. It's hard to travel too far when you have 1 day off.

Return to Top
#1752617 - 10/26/12 01:02 AM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
It's nice that your church does that smile

Return to Top
#1756091 - 11/07/12 05:43 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
el guapo Offline
Gold Star
el guapo
My family is a few hours away and I only ever get Thursday off for Thanksgiving, returning to work on Friday, so I usually have an "orphan" Thanksgiving for all the people I know that can't be with family. I'm not a fan of cooking a traditional turkey so I've done everything from braised short ribs and stuffed drumsticks, to dungeness crab (it's a San Francisco Bay Area thing to do)

This year will be a little different. My best friend is currently going through treatment for leukemia nearby, which means that he is away from his family too. I'm going to cook up a spead of a few of his favorite dishes and bring them down to where he is.

Return to Top
#1756102 - 11/07/12 05:56 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Nice!

Return to Top
#1756173 - 11/07/12 07:36 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Didn't someone have a really good ham recipe last year that they were going to share??? Maybe I'm mistaken smile

Return to Top
#1756175 - 11/07/12 07:39 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
How about a "cowgoatig"? Sort of a bigger version of a "Turduckin". smile

Return to Top
#1756183 - 11/07/12 07:59 PM Re: Whatcha Cooking? Snow Bunny
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I have a barbeque ham recipe that's really good. I can post it - as long as I remember to bring it to work with me.

It's just going to be my hubby and myself this year. Last year it was us and his daughter. Thought it would be the same this year but she's been invited to go to her new boyfriend's parents house so she's bailing on us.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3