BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1752581 - 10/25/12 09:31 PM Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
For all of the "RR's" out there - I am so glad our group of volunteers was able to help this old guy:

Secretariat's last known living stallion

Here is our press release:
He's Verifiable

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1752589 - 10/25/12 09:39 PM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Princess Romeo
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Nice story. Hope he can "move like a tremendous machine" for a few more years like his daddy.

Return to Top
#1752592 - 10/25/12 09:43 PM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Princess Romeo
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I wonder if there are still any Secretariat mares throwing foals now? I know 5-10 years ago you could still see that, but not sure about now.

Return to Top
#1752597 - 10/25/12 09:54 PM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Princess Romeo
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
It's possible but not very likely - according to Pedigree Query, his last daughters were born in 1990 which would make them almost 23 - most mares don't produce foals after the age of 20.

Oops - take that back - Secretariat's Fire had a reported foal in 2011. Still - the number of mares is probably quite small.
Last edited by Princess Romeo; 10/25/12 09:56 PM. Reason: further review

Return to Top
#1752605 - 10/25/12 10:25 PM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Princess Romeo
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Cool story! I've been in awe of Secretariat for years.

The closest I've come was a granddaughter of Secretariat. She was a beautiful sweet GIANT black mare. A friend purchased her at the AQHA world sale, she was Appendix registered, and I was lucky enough to get to ride her a few times.

Return to Top
#1752635 - 10/26/12 10:53 AM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Princess Romeo
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
That's pretty awesome. smile

Return to Top
#1752887 - 10/26/12 05:53 PM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Princess Romeo
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Shouldn't we refer to them as "personal assistantiat"...being that the term secretary is so gender unenabling...

Return to Top
#1753022 - 10/27/12 01:31 AM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Princess Romeo
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Can one of you horse people explain this Comment on the story linked to a city girl?
Quote:
Great story - glad to know he found a soft spot to land to spend the rest of his years. However, he is not the last living son of Secretariat. Big Red still has Innkeeper, Tinner's Way, Akram, Country Side, Regal Secret, Shelly's Charmer...
Is this the last known stallion or are all the rest geldings?

Return to Top
#1753055 - 10/29/12 06:32 AM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Princess Romeo
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I did a copy and paste on the headline which the station got just a little wrong - Verifiable is the oldest living stallion by Secretariat, not the last.

Return to Top
#1753059 - 10/29/12 12:29 PM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Princess Romeo
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Wonderful story, PR!

Return to Top
#1753073 - 10/29/12 01:23 PM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Truffle Royale
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Can one of you horse people explain this Comment on the story linked to a city girl?
Quote:
Great story - glad to know he found a soft spot to land to spend the rest of his years. However, he is not the last living son of Secretariat. Big Red still has Innkeeper, Tinner's Way, Akram, Country Side, Regal Secret, Shelly's Charmer...
Is this the last known stallion or are all the rest geldings?

Tinner's Way is a gelding....not sure about the others, but that would be my guess.

Return to Top
#1753086 - 10/29/12 01:49 PM Re: Secretariat's last known living stallion discovere Princess Romeo
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Nice! So glad he was discovered and moving to greener pastures! smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top