Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1752946 - 10/26/12 07:38 PM Qualified Written Request (QWR) & E-OSCAR
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
Would an (electronic) dispute submitted via E-OSCAR meet the definition of a qualified written request?

Return to Top
RESPA
#1754576 - 11/02/12 03:53 PM Re: Qualified Written Request (QWR) & E-OSCAR M Cockrell
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
bump

Return to Top
#1756218 - 11/07/12 08:37 PM Re: Qualified Written Request (QWR) & E-OSCAR M Cockrell
dsresq1 Offline
New Poster
my understanding of E-oscar is that it is used by data funishers and credit reporting agencies to respond to consumer credit history disputes.

Clearly the CFPB at last look based on the link below and believes a QWR under REG X (not the FCRA) should be "written correspondence" The reg says "shall be" a written correspondence and until it is specifically changed, IMO it MEANS written as in "in writing" not e-mail etc etc. If you have a credit dispute issue it needs to be handled appropriately under FCRA procedures which I beklieve allows for "oral" reporting of a dispute. A different animal.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/askcfpb/207/what-is-a-qualified-written-request-what-is-a-qwr.html

From REG X

B) Qualified written request

For purposes of this subsection, a qualified written request
shall be a written correspondence, other than notice on a
payment coupon or other payment medium supplied by the servicer,
that--
(i) includes, or otherwise enables the servicer to
identify, the name and account of the borrower; and
(ii) includes a statement of the reasons for the belief
of the borrower, to the extent applicable, that the account
is in error or provides sufficient detail to the servicer
regarding other information sought by the borrower.

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL