Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1753871 - 10/31/12 04:23 PM You have no gov't ID? Okay, fill out this form
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
I'm reviewing our CIP procedures for an upcoming training on new business accounts we're launching. I came across a section regarding what to do if they have no government issued ID that referenced a form, so I dug around and found it (doesn't appear anyone's having to use it thankfully) and am wondering how it would be acceptable. It's from early '03, no revisions.

"We acknowledge that you do not have a non-expired government issued photo ID or any other form of photo ID. In this ase, you may present two forms of identification. One must be government issued (gives examples). In addition, complete the information below:
Date, Name, Address, Place of Birth, Height, Weight, Eye Color, Hair color, Financial Institution Reference or Friend/Relative's Name/Phone number AND third party reference name/phone number (employer, school, clergy, etc)."

Is this terribly outdated as I think it is, or does anyone actually do this? I'm told it's a last resort, perhaps they just moved here and are living with family or a friend until finding a place, so they have nothing with their address on it. Well that doesn't tell me why they don't have a non-expired photo ID that showed their previous address... I want to take it out, but would like to hear what others think first. I'll have to argue to remove it I'm sure.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1753881 - 10/31/12 04:33 PM Re: You have no gov't ID? Okay, fill out this form Matt_B
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
List it...oops, I mean delete it. It was a dumb idea in '03 and it has ripened with age.

Return to Top
#1753930 - 10/31/12 05:56 PM Re: You have no gov't ID? Okay, fill out this form Matt_B
BSABecky Offline
100 Club
BSABecky
Seymour, IN USA
Ken's been watching some HGTV, I see... wink

I agree, get rid of that dinosaur!

Return to Top
#1754063 - 10/31/12 08:39 PM Re: You have no gov't ID? Okay, fill out this form Matt_B
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
Thanks to you both! I will make my case that it should be eliminated, I don't know why we would want to keep it, but I'm sure someone will protest just because it's change.

Return to Top
#1754108 - 10/31/12 11:27 PM Re: You have no gov't ID? Okay, fill out this form Matt_B
WonderWoman Offline
Diamond Poster
WonderWoman
gone fishin'
But we've always done it this way!!!

Return to Top
#1754187 - 11/01/12 03:09 PM Re: You have no gov't ID? Okay, fill out this form Matt_B
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
Haha, exactly. On the bright side, I can't find any evidence one of these has ever been filled out, and they had to search around a bit to even find this dusty old form.

The more likely response will be "we're low risk, it doesn't matter what we do"

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z