Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#176016 - 04/02/04 04:31 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
MISS VIDA BOEM Offline
100 Club
MISS VIDA BOEM
SoCalifornia
Thanks! I normally partake in something a little less.... well you know, but some days.....

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#176017 - 04/02/04 04:33 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

You are all making me very hungry!!!!!!

Watch out what you wish (fish) for! Be careful opening any packages delivered to you.

Well, if I see a postmark from either Indiana (Right, Dan?) or Wyoming, I 'll just put it in the fridge...

Return to Top
#176018 - 04/02/04 04:34 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
But that is a LONG trip for this Oklahoma boy!! I was charged with this year's event because I complained about the drive I've had to make every year. It sounds nice, though. And, I could take my motorcycle through the Black Hills to get there.....hmmmmmmmm. Thanks for the tip!

One Long Island Iced Tea coming up! Squeeky cheese is okay, but as a kid, I didn't like it fresh....it had to be fried!

Return to Top
#176019 - 04/02/04 04:39 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
The Lake of the Ozarks is awesome, just over an hour from here. Depending on the time of year and which part of the lake you're at it can get very crowded, lots of partiers.

There are also Truman Lake, lots of people fish there, and then Bull Shoals. It's probably my favorite, my dad's boat is there and it's a great place to ski.

They're all much prettier than those mud holes you Oklahoman's call lakes!

Return to Top
#176020 - 04/02/04 04:45 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Quote:

The Lake of the Ozarks is awesome, just over an hour from here. Depending on the time of year and which part of the lake you're at it can get very crowded, lots of partiers.

There are also Truman Lake, lots of people fish there, and then Bull Shoals. It's probably my favorite, my dad's boat is there and it's a great place to ski.

They're all much prettier than those mud holes you Oklahoman's call lakes!

Easy there, cowgirl! At least our mudholes are red! That's pretty, right? I've only been to the little lakes around here and am not impressed. Lake of the Ozarks is a great place, but a long pull for the boat owners....I'm not one. I may getting in touch with you for some more information, though the closer we get to June. Thanks.

Return to Top
#176021 - 04/02/04 04:48 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Clint,,,,, Offline
Gold Star
Clint,,,,,
Way Out West
Hi Pup,

Yep,,,It's about time to tank up the horse. I 'll have a shot of red-eye with the beer chaser,,,thank you.

Maria, where in ole Mex are ya headed????

We're headed for Arizona next month. Gonna do a circle drive from San Diego to Tombstone, to Sedona and Flagstaff (Grand Canyon), to Las Vegas,and back to San Diego.... I can't wait.

Have fun.....and don't catch too many fish????

Return to Top
#176022 - 04/02/04 04:54 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Clint...
We are going to Playa del Carmen. The national park of Xcaret (with cool underground rivers you can boat through) is right there and it's about 20 minutes to Cozumel...

Well, I am leaving Cleabatsu's for a while and going to a real bar for lunch with the gang... I'll check in later after I've had a few.
I am not working today!

Return to Top
#176023 - 04/02/04 04:55 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
It's strange that the conversation here is on fishing, and the loan file I'm in the middle of reviewing is for a "Worm Farm".

Did you know that 1,000 breeder worms will produce 8,000-25,000 additional worms in 3 months? You do now!

Jeremy, I need a Mich Ultra! This file is just too much for a Friday...

Return to Top
#176024 - 04/02/04 04:57 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Wow Jen, I had no idea worms were so prolific...

Return to Top
#176025 - 04/02/04 04:59 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Neither did I Maria, neither did I.

Return to Top
#176026 - 04/02/04 05:08 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Maybe I should become a worm farmer.....sounds very "productive". Clint, you're set up and you're horse is on his way to being tanked. JLJ, I'm having one with ya!

Return to Top
#176027 - 04/02/04 05:17 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
Ok I brought the Cheesecurds. Some fresh and some ready for the deepfryer. I also picked up some brats for lunch!

Return to Top
#176028 - 04/02/04 05:22 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
One more request.....you wouldn't happen to have a pasty or two on you, would you? Man it's been awhile! And, I'm getting very hungry. The closest thing to the deep-fried cheesecurds around here is at Sonic...cheddarbites. I haven't had a pasty (good or bad) since 5th grade!!

ps-5th grade was awhile ago.

Return to Top
#176029 - 04/02/04 05:23 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
What's a pasty?

Return to Top
#176030 - 04/02/04 05:24 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Okay, fishermen and women, enlighten me. Isn't walleye a particularly difficult fish to catch? Why?

Return to Top
#176031 - 04/02/04 05:39 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:

Well, if I see a postmark from either Indiana (Right, Dan?) or Wyoming, I 'll just put it in the fridge...

By the time you got it, it'd be too late to put it in the fridge!

Hey, I don't have any catfish, but I here's about 80 or 90 bluegill fillets I'll leave for your enjoyment. Be careful with the 15 or 20 off to the side. Their coating had Louisiana Hot Sauce added to kick em up a notch.

Return to Top
#176032 - 04/02/04 05:43 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Here's my unofficial answer. They are bottom feeders. That is why a lot of people pull spinners on harnesses. In English, it is a rig with hooks, usually two, includes some sort of shiny blade and beads and has a weight (bottom bouncer) attached. Usually you either bait the hooks with worms, leeches or minnows. You can also catch them on crankbaits or jigs but have to know the spots that they are feeding. They like water that's not too warm and usually a breeze to create a little chop in the water is good "Walleye Chop". Usually you can catch them in 16-20 feet of water but I have caught some in 40 feet. When they are caught deep you have to be careful as they can die quickly. They get something like the bends and you have to fizz them to keep them alive. That can be explained in the next lesson, if anyone cares.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#176033 - 04/02/04 05:56 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
What's a pasty? It is a flaky crust meat and potato pie.....for a simplistic explanation. If Jennifer pops back in, I'm sure she can explain for fully. I think it's a Norwegian thing, but I'm not sure. I remember some school fundraiser was selling frozen pasties.....Mmmmmmmmm, pasties!

As for the fishing liesson.....I'm not a real fisherman. I hang out and wait until fishing is done, then I waterski, etc. Thanks, WW, for the lesson and the filets....They cookin' as we speak.

Return to Top
#176034 - 04/02/04 06:12 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Quote:

What's a pasty? It is a flaky crust meat and potato pie.....for a simplistic explanation. If Jennifer pops back in, I'm sure she can explain for fully. I think it's a Norwegian thing, but I'm not sure.

As I understand it, pasties are Cornish. In the States, it's traditional Mich. Upper Peninsula miner food. There's a restaurant in Mackinaw City that makes really good ones, but I can't remember the name...

Return to Top
#176035 - 04/02/04 06:19 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
A pasty is a very thin almost pie crust that you roll out and fill with meat, potatoes, and assorted veggies and spices (to your liking) which you fold over and roll the edges up poke holes in the top. Then you bake it to perfection and they are wonderful! The best ones are made in upper Michigan near Escanaba.

Return to Top
#176036 - 04/02/04 06:22 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Bartman is correct, they were originally Cornish, and they adapted well for the miners here who would bring them for lunch.

Oh, and Dan... Peeeee-Yu! I might just refuse the mail...

Return to Top
#176037 - 04/02/04 06:25 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
I alway read about patsies in my "The Cat Who" books.

The first quarter has been way to tough for me -- I need an extra dry martini.

Return to Top
#176038 - 04/02/04 07:00 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Two hours, 10 minutes and counting.

So, here we are at the local watering hole, having lunch and a few cocktails and the CEO & Sr VP come waltzing in. They sat right at the next table... We had to stop talking about them and everything!

Return to Top
#176039 - 04/02/04 07:23 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Just popped in to see how the blue gill are coming along, but see where Fraud Pup still has them deep frying, hope everyone enjoys.

Quote:

Oh, and Dan... Peeeee-Yu! I might just refuse the mail...

After all your remarks about WW's and my dead fish, you don't really expect me to send you fresh ones do you? (BTW, I'm still looking for your CEO's address. )

Return to Top
#176040 - 04/02/04 07:35 PM Re: Cleabatsu -- Drag yourself in here
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Quote:

There's a restaurant in Mackinaw City that makes really good ones, but I can't remember the name...

Found it! Mackinaw Pastie & Cookie Co.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4