Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1761919 - 11/28/12 08:55 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Peepers
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: FinallyOrnified
so you're saying 74% is ok

Yes, but buying cheap beer is not an option so you may need a second job.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1761920 - 11/28/12 08:55 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Elwood P. Dowd
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
That's exactly what I'm saying, to comply with the rules of moderation.

Return to Top
#1761922 - 11/28/12 08:56 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Elwood P. Dowd
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I wonder if Happy has tried the Christmas Ale from the makers of Fancy Lawnmowers? Now that is some good beer! Probably has a lot of carbs and is not cheap.

Return to Top
#1761925 - 11/28/12 09:00 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Elwood P. Dowd
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
It isn't wheat per se that is an issue. Processed wheat has none of the nutritional value that non-processed wheat has i.e. white bread is nutritionally awful vs. wheat bread which has nutritional value.

Processed foods contain higher sugar, less nutritional value, causing people to feel hungry soon, despite eating many calories.

I switched to a higher protein, lower card diet, eating less bread and less processed food, lost 15 lbs. without altering my exercise habits and my cholestorol fell as well.

Return to Top
#1761935 - 11/28/12 09:08 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Bob The Banker
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: Bob The Banker
Originally Posted By: Princess Romeo
Doctor cites issues with modern wheat:

Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison," doctor says"

I'm a believer now - I eat very little wheat these days and have noticed I don't feel as hungry and am losing weight at a steady pace. As of this morning, total weight loss is at 43 pounds since I started in April. I've gone through 2 rounds of clearing out my closet and just got rid of the smaller clothes I had bought in July.

Modern wheat combined with sugar/high fructose corn syrup is a recipe for obesity.

And I LOVE having a salad with bacon, tomato, and avocado.

...right... over-eating and lack of excercise are just overblown. It must be the modern wheat and sugar.

LOL.

People go the every length to place the blame anywhere but themselves.

Okay - be a smart @$$. I have tried restricting calories and doing exercise programs only to wind up gaining even MORE weight. But cutting out the sugar and wheat has resulted in a reduction of 4 dress sizes, and I have not even started a regular exercise program. The exercise program is my New Year's resolution so that I can get down to a size 4 which is only 3 sizes down from where I am at now.

But hey - everyone likes to sound like a know-it-all in the Cooler. I'm only speaking from personal experience so..., you know... whatever.

Return to Top
#1761938 - 11/28/12 09:16 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Princess Romeo
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I wonder what size dress I can get into if I follow this.......

Return to Top
#1761940 - 11/28/12 09:17 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Elwood P. Dowd
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
So straw...you're eating fewer cards...has that reduced your fiber intake, by chance? smirk

(sorry...just could not help myself)

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1761941 - 11/28/12 09:17 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Peepers
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp

shocked eek crazy

Return to Top
#1761950 - 11/28/12 09:39 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad RR Joker
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: RR Joker
So straw...you're eating fewer cards...has that reduced your fiber intake, by chance? smirk

(sorry...just could not help myself)

lol

Return to Top
#1761963 - 11/28/12 09:58 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad #Just Jay
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
So you are bascially doing a version of Atkins or South Beach... low carb.

It's based on the principles of those diets although I don't focus on carbs per se, but the TYPE of carbohydrate - i.e. those from processed foods. I wouldn't say it is the Paleo diet either since I have dairy products, but I have managed to stick to a plan of between 1200 to 1500 calories per day with a focus on salads, meat, nuts, fruit and veggies.

I also take cinnamon and coconut oil capsules which helped me to break the craving for sugar and wheat products.

Return to Top
#1761964 - 11/28/12 10:00 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Elwood P. Dowd
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
So how did they get her back to the US or did they bury her there?

Return to Top
#1761966 - 11/28/12 10:01 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Elwood P. Dowd
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
So long as you can incorporate bacon into your diet, I'm fine with you. smile

Return to Top
#1761971 - 11/28/12 10:06 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Snow Bunny
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
Originally Posted By: Santa Bunny

I don't recall reading that she was returned to the US, but she would be in cargo so heavy machinery could be used with ease and there should be sufficient room for the corpse.

Return to Top
#1761977 - 11/28/12 10:14 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Princess Romeo
Peepers Offline
10K Club

It's based on the principles of those diets although I don't focus on carbs per se, but the TYPE of carbohydrate - i.e. those from processed foods. I wouldn't say it is the Paleo diet either since I have dairy products, but I have managed to stick to a plan of between 1200 to 1500 calories per day with a focus on salads, meat, nuts, fruit and veggies.

I also take cinnamon and coconut oil capsules which helped me to break the craving for sugar and wheat products.

does processed proteins cause any problems?

I'm thinking of things like (to the extent they're processed) pizza burgers, bacon, packaged chicken, slim jims, cheese

Return to Top
#1762001 - 11/28/12 10:57 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Snow Bunny
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Originally Posted By: Santa Bunny

I read that she was buried in her home country, and her husband, back here in the US, said he was glad he had to work on Thanksgiving to keep his mind off missing her.

Return to Top
#1762004 - 11/28/12 11:03 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Elwood P. Dowd
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I would guess PR has less problems with broken underwires with the drop in dress sizes....

Return to Top
#1762018 - 11/28/12 11:40 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Pale Rider
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
I would guess PR has less problems with broken underwires with the drop in dress sizes....

Unfortunately the "girls" are a bit stubborn - so while my pant size has dropped dramatically, the top hasn't been as quick to follow. However, many people tell me I shouldn't complain, so I don't.

Return to Top
#1762020 - 11/28/12 11:41 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Peepers
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is

does processed proteins cause any problems?

I'm thinking of things like (to the extent they're processed) pizza burgers, bacon, packaged chicken, slim jims, cheese

If the protein is processed with sugar and/or wheat, then yes - it's a problem. Bacon, so far, has been fine. Packaged chicken, lunch meat and cheese have been okay. I'm not real sure WHAT is in a Slim Jim so I tend to avoid 'em.

Return to Top
#1762026 - 11/28/12 11:49 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Peepers
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal

Not sure about you, but the rest of us will lose weight by throwing up and/or simply losing our appetite. laugh

Return to Top
#1762029 - 11/28/12 11:53 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Elwood P. Dowd
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
"Two Fingers To Thinner Thighs" - Colleen Kristen-Brewster

Return to Top
#1762140 - 11/29/12 03:25 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Princess Romeo
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Unfortunately the "girls" are a bit stubborn

See! I knew Happy was right about the other connotation in the BOLer I'd like to meet thread.

Speaking of said thread, how YOU doin'? wink

Return to Top
#1762399 - 11/29/12 06:47 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Bobby Boucher
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: Bobby Boucher
Unfortunately the "girls" are a bit stubborn

See! I knew Happy was right about the other connotation in the BOLer I'd like to meet thread.

Speaking of said thread, how YOU doin'? wink

I'm doing just fine Shug.... whistle

Return to Top
#1762530 - 11/29/12 09:06 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Pale Rider
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
How come our grandmothers were not overweight, but most of us seem to be?
...because the generations before us were NOT sedentary people who consummed massive amounts of over-processed food and junk food. This why I wash my own car (by hand in the driveway), mow my own lawn, clean my own house, exercise, etc, etc and try real hard to eat whole foods (meat, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, healthy oils, nuts, legumes).

Return to Top
#1762531 - 11/29/12 09:07 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Elwood P. Dowd
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
But they DID eat greens seasoned with animal fat...biscuits made with lard...lots of fried meats....

Return to Top
#1762536 - 11/29/12 09:13 PM Re: 407-Pound Woman Denied Flights Home, Dies Abroad Princess Romeo
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Our modern diet has way more sugar in it than in times past. People focus on fat content when they should be focusing on the sugar and glucose content in their food. Problem is, many "low-fat" foods have an increased amount of sugar to make up for the taste.
I cut sugar and wheat out of my diet and have been losing about a pound a week for the last 8 months. Bacon and avocado are no longer "off limits".

Exactly!!! Most low-fat, low-sugar or no-added-sugar products are actually UNhealthy. The hunter-gatherer diet makes a lot of sense. If what your putting in your mouth is not a food that our ancestors would have hunted or gathered, run the other way. And with that diet, most grains are off limits because grains are a crop....ancient ancestors had no crops.

A department at work hosted a "health fair" and everyone was supposed to bring healthy foods. You wouldn't believe the junk that was introduced.....most of it in the low-fat "diet" category. And that's because people don't get the difference between diet food and healthy food.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5